Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope you got the right windshield seal for that..... The seal for the soft top is not correct for the hard top, and has to be changed to seal the hardtop properly. There was a TSB on this. I got mine changed, and it still leaks with heavy rain. They are doing another one, but the labor is a joke.... book time 3.5 hours...... Hope you check this out. Otherwise, it looks great !!
I looked at this when I made the list and both soft top and hard top seals are the same part number. There's a TSB with the updated part number, M2DZ-7803110-B, that was used on vehicles produced after 7/16/2021. The leak is due to the foam they used to "seal" gaps between the A-pillar, top window frame and sport bar.

Not been wet yet but if it leaks, I'll have them do the TSB.
Sponsored

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the top replacement CSP only swapping the back cap, and keeping the front 1.0 panels?
Excuse me, all of it get's replace and cut up once done for program 21B49. We've got two more to put on and I was just thinking of the caps in the crates. Don't know if the panels are separate or in the box with the cap.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Excuse me, all of it get's replace and cut up once done for program 21B49. We've got two more to put on and I was just thinking of the caps in the crates. Don't know if the panels are separate or in the box with the cap.
Ok. I must have read it wrong. I was told it all came in one crate, minus the glass.
Mine is getting swapped right now. Hope it looks better. My 1.0 MIC looked/fit terrible

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is mega hard-top love. The soft top makes for an easy convertible. I’m perplexed as to why anyone would throw that away. Is there a “Why” behind the $10k elimination of the convertible top?
The soft top will be reinstalled when it's resold. If the buyer want's the MIC, it will be an up charge. As a dealer, I wanted to do this to find out what it will take both in parts and time so when Ford does offer kits, we'll know what we're taking about. I have no problem with the soft top and will be able to write this off as a business expense no different than other businesses do.

The $10K figure is the full retail parts price. Obviously, it didn't cost us that much and was much closer to the price of what I heard some ADVs were going for after shipping. I did this as an experiment and to show folks on the forum it could be easily done after a (hopefully) reasonably priced OE "kit" comes out.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. I must have read it wrong. I was told it all came in one crate, minus the glass.
Mine is getting swapped right now. Hope it looks better. My 1.0 MIC looked/fit terrible
No, I misstate in an earlier post. Don't know what I was thinking about.

Sponsored
OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s an expensive downgrade. But if you’re happy rock with it. :)
Like I said, I'm fine with either and only did this as an experiment. It will have to come back off in a few days to put the sound deadener pads on. My brother may decide he wants it on his vehicle and I put the soft top back on. I'm really fine with either.

Joemama

Outer Banks
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone having wind noise issues and if so, did the dealer fix it?

Winger57

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LibertyDiesel,F450,88Ranger, 80Pinto, 65GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I messed with the soft top at the dealers lot I did not like that setup at the back it seemed clumsy to try and lift up the whole back what clam shell? But the one they had had a metal enclosure to protect your belongings in the back. I guess you get that and the lockbox in the center console and your 👍

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I messed with the soft top at the dealers lot I did not like that setup at the back it seemed clumsy to try and lift up the whole back what clam shell?
That’s not a problem anymore, now that IAG is selling their EZ Lift strut kit… 😉

Sponsored

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I looked at this when I made the list and both soft top and hard top seals are the same part number. There's a TSB with the updated part number, M2DZ-7803110-B, that was used on vehicles produced after 7/16/2021. The leak is due to the foam they used to "seal" gaps between the A-pillar, top window frame and sport bar.

Yep, but for some reason, mine leaked, and was replaced from the TSB. had it back less than a week, and it leaks worse than before. I know the mechanic that did the work, so I can trust he did it correctly. He looked at both seals and found no visible difference. From what Ford says, the new seal is only 1/8" difference in the crush point. Going back in to get it rechecked again..... hopefully fixed this time. Another thing.... never had wind noise with the old seal at all. New seal, tons of wind noise.....

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, but for some reason, mine leaked, and was replaced from the TSB. had it back less than a week, and it leaks worse than before. I know the mechanic that did the work, so I can trust he did it correctly. He looked at both seals and found no visible difference. From what Ford says, the new seal is only 1/8" difference in the crush point. Going back in to get it rechecked again..... hopefully fixed this time. Another thing.... never had wind noise with the old seal at all. New seal, tons of wind noise.....
That stinks. The water leaking leaking from the same spot (out of the A pillar trim) the TSB is supposed to address or somewhere else?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

That’s good to know. Mine was built in June.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip curious as to the build date of your new hard top. Maybe some of the other replacements you have in the shop. Got mine swapped yesterday and it shows a late Sept 21 build date. Curious if the replacement tops were built and held in stock early on.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip curious as to the build date of your new hard top. Maybe some of the other replacements you have in the shop. Got mine swapped yesterday and it shows a late Sept 21 build date. Curious if the replacement tops were built and held in stock early on.
I'll look at the sticker when I leave later.
Sponsored