Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good afternoon,

I recently purchased my 2021 OB and have a couple of questions about the soft top. I have searched the forums and have not found to much, so I apologize if some of this has been asked before.

Is there a special method for raising and lowering the soft top all the way up and down without scratching the roll cage? I tried it once by myself and now have a chunk taken out of the paint.

Next is about maintenance of the soft top. Can I use ordinary window cleaner on the plastic windows and do people use automatic car washes?
Sponsored

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good afternoon,

I recently purchased my 2021 OB and have a couple of questions about the soft top. I have searched the forums and have not found to much, so I apologize if some of this has been asked before.

Is there a special method for raising and lowering the soft top all the way up and down without scratching the roll cage? I tried it once by myself and now have a chunk taken out of the paint.

Next is about maintenance of the soft top. Can I use ordinary window cleaner on the plastic windows and do people use automatic car washes?
I've seen a few people that have had this issue. There is a correct way its just a slow and methodical process. I saw a customer vehicle about 3 weeks ago that had some protection for the roll bars because of this issue. Check out this stuff I found. https://buckleupoffroad.com/product...otection-for-2021-ford-bronco-4-door-d-pillar
They are currently sold out but I'm pretty sure you could find other stuff just like this

Arjineal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Saturn Astra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the IAG EZ lift soft top assist and it actually makes it much easier to lower the top without contacting the roll bars. I wouldn't use window cleaner on mine but that doesn't mean you can't. Don't use the automatic car wash.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a TSB where Ford applies a fix. My 22 hasn’t scratched yet. Will see if I have the TSB. I didn’t take it in as it appears fixed at factory.

Sponsored
OP
OP
OneNut3377

OneNut3377

Outer Banks
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great information, exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you everyone.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any plastic window is super (cala-)fragile.(isticexpealidocious)

The ONLY way my plastics get cleaned are MUCH water, a super soft, super soapy wash mitt, clean, quality microfiber towel to dry.

Yeah, you know you're singing it now. Lol

Sanndmann3

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bronco 23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As long as we are talking softtops... would it be bad to drive on expressway with windows down? Would it cause the rear window to balloon at all?

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You can adjust the soft top but to prevent rubbing on the cage and scratching the paint you need 2 people or there are several company’s that make plastic protectors for this. I have the IAG versions but there are plenty more to choose from and all serve the same purpose. Also most of the time you won’t have a second person to help you, so just buy a protector.

Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As long as we are talking softtops... would it be bad to drive on expressway with windows down? Would it cause the rear window to balloon at all?
I’ve noticed no issues

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does it look like installed? I have never seen this before. My bronco is going in for a few other TSB’s and warranty work. I may throw this on their plate also.
Will see if I can get a pic when the sun is up. Not sure how visible parts are with top closed.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Use Plexus on the plastic windows - I have used it on my MGB, Jeeps & Bronco. It is truly amazing for keeping it clear and buffs out light scratches too!

https://a.co/d/1LtRcjt
Sponsored