Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ditto me too coming back to Los Angeles on I15 from United by Bronco on Sunday morning. First time but those were high winds. My passenger had to open/close their window ~15 times over the drive to stop it from whistling (then it would start again).
Sponsored

bobzules

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can reset the way the window sensors are configured if you haven't already. Glass is prob not high enough. Hold down the passenger window button down for 5 seconds after it is down. Release. Hold for 5 seconds after the window has reached the top. Should reset it. Good luck

OP
OP
jayson

jayson

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BlackDiamond SAS 4DR HT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I experienced whistling for the first time this past weekend. I was driving back from Vegas and there was significant headwind and crosswind. My passenger said the whistling sounded like the top rear section of the front passenger window. Air could be felt forcing its way between the window and the weather-stripping in that area, according to my passenger, during strong gusts of wind.
Yep. This sounds like my issue. Have you narrowed down the specific area? I'm thinking next I might just tape around the edges and see. As you point out its a sporadic issue and not the easiest to reproduce safely anyways.

OP
OP
jayson

jayson

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can reset the way the window sensors are configured if you haven't already. Glass is prob not high enough. Hold down the passenger window button down for 5 seconds after it is down. Release. Hold for 5 seconds after the window has reached the top. Should reset it. Good luck
Tried to reset many times and no difference

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like most men my age, I've learned to suffer in silence.

Sponsored

Papa Bear

Badlands
First Name
KG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 4-Dr Sasquatch, 1966 F100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have seen some posts on this topic but not exactly what I'm experiencing, I am curious if anyone has run into this issue and how you fixed it?

My front-passenger window whistles loudly but only when I'm doing hwy speed and in certain windy conditions. The whistle sounds high pitched like there is a small gap somewhere but I've inspected it and the driver side (side that doesn't have an issue) and I cannot see any differences. This is also something that happens only while doing hwy speed so its too dangerous to tinker with on the hwy. I even tried setting up a airblower against and can't reproduce.

I have tried resetting the window and no improvement, I have also while driving tried cracking/depressurizing just enough to roll back up and that can sometimes help. When my stereo up loudly I don't hear it but without it cranked its enough to drive someone insane long enough!

Has anyone run into this issue before and any ideas on how to fix?

UPDATE: I have a MIC hard top if that helps
On cold and windy days, I have noticed that changing the HVAC setting to Recirculating stopped the whistling. Go figure!

OP
OP
jayson

jayson

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On cold and windy days, I have noticed that changing the HVAC setting to Recirculating stopped the whistling. Go figure!
Interesting. Do you recall the sequence and can you elaborate on the steps?

Papa Bear

Badlands
First Name
KG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Badlands 4-Dr Sasquatch, 1966 F100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The setting was on “fresh air” when the whistle was occurring. It seemed to be coming from the rear of the driver window area. I switched the HVAC setting to “recirculate” (only due to a roadkill skunk) and the whistling stopped. Switched back to fresh air and it started again, then stopped on recirculating. Stumbled on it thanks to Pepe Le Pew!

MAGIA

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

my daughters 2 door had the same problem. Our dealer replaced the window seals under warranty. It took care of the whistling.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yep. This sounds like my issue. Have you narrowed down the specific area? I'm thinking next I might just tape around the edges and see. As you point out its a sporadic issue and not the easiest to reproduce safely anyways.
I have not, but it is definitely around the top rear corner of the front passenger window. That window rattles more than a baby rattler when opening the door.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jayson

jayson

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

my daughters 2 door had the same problem. Our dealer replaced the window seals under warranty. It took care of the whistling.
How did you convince your dealer to replace it?

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As other said, I get whistling when there are crosswinds, lots of whistling. Going highway speeds, I get some kind of whistle coming from the passenger side, if you get it fixed, I'd be curious of the fix.

To me, it's just life with a removable hardtop? I've not had one in the past.

OP
OP
jayson

jayson

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As other said, I get whistling when there are crosswinds, lots of whistling. Going highway speeds, I get some kind of whistle coming from the passenger side, if you get it fixed, I'd be curious of the fix.

To me, it's just life with a removable hardtop? I've not had one in the past.
Is it the front passenger side? Do you an idea of the area its coming from?

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is it the front passenger side? Do you an idea of the area its coming from?
Yes, and I think it's the gap between the front and mid removable top, behind the passengers head. That's where it sounds like it's coming from when you're the driver. I haven't spent a ton of time on it because I just thought that that was a removable top thing (my first)... You got to pay some price for that freedom? 🤨 right?

I'll have my son drive it and I'll pay attention to the noise.

OP
OP
jayson

jayson

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Def interested to find out where. I've had folks tell me its coming from behind and front, but it's hard to reproduce consistently and safely.
Sponsored