First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On phone right now w/ Ford Customer Care.
Will upload photos tonight but curious if anyone else is seeing some of these issues.
1. The passenger mirror looks like it's shrinking due to heat. It's literally pulling away from itself and you can see a heat line.
2. The hard top is starting to have ridges surface on corners
3. The hard top is starting to honeycomb

Took delivery in early November. 5k miles.
These issues started appearing within the last 6-8 weeks.

Took to my dealer (very nice) - they took pictures and sent them to the local service lead for the region. They said, oh, must be chemical reaction (to which I haven't done anything to the top/mirrors).

Ford Bronco Passenger Mirror Melting, Hard Top Bubbling... Ford will Warranty 33C7EA1B-BD9C-4CE8-8A4D-219A2B31DC79

Blargh...

116E7CAD-E97D-4C9D-A1EC-395DDB89E752.jpeg

70F19E56-88D0-4BF4-89CA-245A73373932.jpeg

0EC8B76B-C71D-4C18-9E56-00BAE57F9D9F.jpeg

73C48D18-AF0B-49D4-81CE-A69686A9FEEB.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yikes. :oops:

in for pics and more info.

hope you get it sorted.

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Beings you are located in Houston, I would guess that you are possibly getting some indirect sunlight/reflection off of something with reflective windows. I saw another thread on something similar a while back. It might be more of an insurance claim than a warranty claim.

Ford Bronco Passenger Mirror Melting, Hard Top Bubbling... Ford will Warranty mvs

OP
OP

CypressCajun

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Beings you are located in Houston, I would guess that you are possibly getting some indirect sunlight/reflection off of something with reflective windows. I saw another thread on something similar a while back. It might be more of an insurance claim than a warranty claim.

Ford Bronco Passenger Mirror Melting, Hard Top Bubbling... Ford will Warranty mvs
Yea, I back into the driveway. Don't really have any windows reflecting against the surface...

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well there’s evidence of the cowl warping in the heat and causing issues when opening the hood too.

Sponsored
OP
OP

CypressCajun

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well there’s evidence of the cowl warping in the heat and causing issues when opening the hood too.
Oh nice - do you have something that I can reference with that?

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh nice - do you have something that I can reference with that?
I received an email from IAG about it. They said they had several issues at an event when trying to install hood struts. I’ll see if I can find it and copy it here.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Hello,
You are receiving this email because our records indicate that you have purchased at least one of our IAG EZ-Lift Hood Strut Kits (IAG-BDY-F1002BK or IAG-BDY-F1002SL)

We wanted to warn you of a factory defect in the OEM wiper cowl which may cause damage to your vehicle. This damage can occur with or without the hood strut kit installed.
THE PROBLEM
Last weekend we attended the Bronco Super Celebration in Tennessee. We were doing installation of our products at the show and we noticed that some Bronco hoods were harder to lift than others, even before any parts were installed. Upon further investigation we found that the factory wiper cowl was warping in the hot afternoon sun. This warping caused the the cowl to hit the top edge of the hood during opening. This OEM defect can result in damage to the hood, cowl, or windshield. (See Image Below)
When installing your IAG EZ-Lift Hood Strut Kit it is important to take note of the position of the cowl prior to opening your hood to perform the installation. We recommend installing the hood strut kit in a cool, dry place to avoid warpage of the cowl caused by the sun. It's also important to remember to check the position of the cowl prior to opening the hood after installation, especially on hot days.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL OPENING YOUR HOOD UNTIL THIS FACTORY DEFECT IS CORRECTED TO AVOID DAMAGE TO YOUR VEHICLE
2d6f34e2-0b95-4d79-a62a-4fd228e916d4.png

THE SOLUTION
This issue is caused by a defect in the OEM cowl panel which causes it to warp in the sun. When the panel warps it comes in contact with the hood. We are currently developing a set of clips to help secure the cowl in place and prevent movement. These clips should be available for purchase on our website soon. In the meantime, please be careful opening your hood in the hot sun to avoid any damage.

NEW INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
We have updated our installation instructions to point out this potential defect in the OEM cowl. Click the link below for the latest installation instructions. There is also a slight difference in the tools needed to perform the installation between the black and stainless versions of the kit. Please watch the entire installation video below before beginning your installation. Please reach out to our customer support team at [email protected] or 410-840-3555 with any questions.

OP
OP

CypressCajun

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pictures loaded.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That sucks man! What has Ford said?

Sponsored
OP
OP

CypressCajun

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford said talk to the dealer. Essentially, the dealer has to say warranty or not. Hoping for good results before i blast

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford said talk to the dealer. Essentially, the dealer has to say warranty or not. Hoping for good results before i blast
This is one of those times you wish a Ford social media person would chime in about they are aware of this and working on a fix....

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is one of those times you wish a Ford social media person would chime in about they are aware of this and working on a fix....
Dave, where'd you get your Bronco in SA?

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sheesh. Sorry, that sucks. Hope it gets sorted