Sponsored

Perch Collars or Eibach Springs for 37s?

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So after discovering the steal that were the 37" bfg load C for $350/ea, I decided to take the plunge.

Also ordered motegi trailites- by my calculations, total weight will be a hair LESS than stock 35" SAS (although load of more rubber further from centerline will still have some impact on performance)

Also doing JKS big tire kit

74 weld steering box and bushings probably sooner than later

On to my question: if price difference and install effort were not factors, and you were only going for a mild lift (ala keep stock control arms, bilstein shocks, etc) just to ensure no rub, would you opt for perch collars or the eibach spring kit?

Was wanting to do the springs but I think the OEM SAS setup is pretty firm already (coming from a base previously with the softer hitachis). I fear the eibachs will make ride noticeably stiffer (and believe they also affect the psd 'valving,' to some extent).

Then again, not clear if perch collars may have similar effect.

Know this has been discussed ad nauseum and have watched the funhaver/rtr breakdown on options (spring upgrades being noticeably absent), but would appreciate any thoughts, esp if you're currently running either option (or best, have switched from one to the other by now)...

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Perch collars will make it ride slightly stiffer as well.

Mine do fine, but do rub slightly on my Rokblokz mudflaps when turning.

can’t speak to the eibach kit.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Perch collars would be my first choice if on a budget. Perch collars give much more consistent results. I don't recommend swapping springs unless you plan to touch the suspension a few more times to dial everything in.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have researched this for months. Finally went with SVC perch lift. FOR ME it is the best option. WT/SAS/2D- 1. I have an EB rock crawler don't need or plan on horse whipping this rig. 2. SAS is too soft for my liking- perch will help stiffen 3. Haven't had a flat or need for a spare in 25 yrs of wheeling Moab/ Similar 4. Reduce weight on rig/trail gate 5. Tighten up the look. 6. I am not sure what I am doing is right. 😐

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are adding a lot of weight go the springs. If not adding weight then do the perches.

The SAS is a finely tuned system for the stock weight, maybe the best factory suspension I've seen. The problem is if you add heavy bumpers and winch it sags. Using perch collars on an overly compressed spring is not optimal. If all you want is height I'd use perch collars (or other spacers) and keep the great ride.

My eibach springs gave me the ride height I wanted and kept the shock close to where it needs to be. The only downside was the ride is a lot stiffer, this was expected as the only way to hold up more weight is to have stiffer suspension.

Sponsored

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Went with SVC, 37's and, 1" wheel spacers. Grades: Look "A", City ride "B+", Off road ride at speed "B-", Off road ride Trails "A-" gas mileage, "C+", Value "A+", Alignment issues "A" Functionality for casual wheeling "A".

I generally run high speed off road 65-75, the original set up is going to be hard to beat. Was super smooth and stable but I just didn't like the look. Not confident with new lift.

But like the look.

IMG_20230901_082227230_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230909_173601759.jpg

OP
OP
Bronkers

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Went with SVC, 37's and, 1" wheel spacers. Grades: Look "A", City ride "B+", Off road ride at speed "B-", Off road ride Trails "A-" gas mileage, "C+", Value "A+", Alignment issues "A" Functionality for casual wheeling "A".

I generally run high speed off road 65-75, the original set up is going to be hard to beat. Was super smooth and stable but I just didn't like the look. Not confident with new lift.

But like the look.

Ford Bronco Perch Collars or Eibach Springs for 37s? IMG_20230909_173601759

Ford Bronco Perch Collars or Eibach Springs for 37s? IMG_20230909_173601759
Thanks for the follow up. Looks sharp for sure!

I ended up going with eibach springs- majority of thread on that kit suggests they're "softer" than stock. Although that maybe doesnt add up when you think about stuffing more spring in the same amount of travel they do say they're progressive - think eibach did their homework

I think SAS bilsteins, esp rear, are pretty firm and I don't plan on running 2dr wheelbase at high speed offroad so I could stand to have it bit more squishy

37 load C K02s on motegi trailites, JKS tire kit, eibach springs, RC steer bushings, and DV8 shock skids all waiting for a long cool Saturday to install.
Sponsored