First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
'23 Badlands with Lux package, which includes the wireless charging slot in center. Starting with the latest software update, it almost immediately reports that my "Phone is getting too hot" in the charger. It clearly isn't, judging by the fact that the phone does not display any warnings. Is anyone else seeing similar behavior? Seems like a bug in the software update...
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
'23 Badlands with Lux package, which includes the wireless charging slot in center. Starting with the latest software update, it almost immediately reports that my "Phone is getting too hot" in the charger. It clearly isn't, judging by the fact that the phone does not display any warnings. Is anyone else seeing similar behavior? Seems like a bug in the software update...
Hi Dan! I can look into your Bronco's charging concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and Bronco's VIN?

• Haha
Reactions: Dog

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does your phone actually feel hot? Mine does while in use on all wirless chargers I’ve tried. Phone provides no warning other than Apple screen dims when phone is hot.

OP
OP

dvnorton

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does your phone actually feel hot? Mine does while in use on all wirless chargers I’ve tried. Phone provides no warning other than Apple screen dims when phone is hot.
No, the phone is definitely not warm. I use several wireless chargers, and none of them (including the Bronco one, until recently) make it feel warm or trigger a temperature warning. BTW, it's a Samsung Galaxy Fold (Android), not Apple.

Philrod

Outer Banks
First Name
Feliberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum, 2007 Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had never used a wireless charger and decided to try the one in our Bronco. I wanted to know if it would charge with the case on. (Galaxy S22 in an Otterbox case) Well it said it was charging but after an hour drive home it seemed like it barely charged at all and was very warm to the touch.

Sponsored

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the wireless charging port is awful, i actually installed a Magsafe charger mounted in the center console for charging bc its so bad.

BigJim1957

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT/CS, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I received the same message yesterday afternoon and I wasn't even using the wireless charger because I always charge through a USB port.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, the phone is definitely not warm. I use several wireless chargers, and none of them (including the Bronco one, until recently) make it feel warm or trigger a temperature warning. BTW, it's a Samsung Galaxy Fold (Android), not Apple.
I have a new Samsung work phone. It shut down all apps the other day sitting on seat. Said too hot.

JarheadE5

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, happened to me this week. Touched the phone and zero increase of heat or announcement. Dismissed it as a fluke but now I know It’s the update. Love my side chick with all its flaws…

ArizonaGreg

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands SAS, 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Happens to me too with my iPhone 13 Pro. First off all, the charging is iffy at best. I do have a case on my phone but it is a very thin case. When charging IS working and I’m on a long road trip my phone will heat up to the point where it will give me a “too hot” warning and will shut off. Not good when you’re counting on Google Maps for navigation.

Sponsored

Alassise

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will have the same problem when you charge it using the USB C if you are listening to music and using navigation apps from the phone. It happens on my wife's atlas too. Pain in the ass if you are traveling a long distance and shuts down.

DRC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, I received the same message yesterday afternoon and I wasn't even using the wireless charger because I always charge through a USB port.
Ditto: Got the same message and was not using wireless charger.

artart88

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I get the same message when charging on USB or connected by bluetooth. No warning from the phone only from the Bronco. I have used the same phone in my last vehicle and on very rare occasions the phone would warn that it was too hot. In the Bronco, the phone is not saying it is hot but the Bronco is. There must be a bug in the ap.
Sponsored