Ram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO- 4 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi All,

I recently bought this and thought of sharing. I was looking for a phone mount very close to the driver side and also stable. This one is really good. Not promoting the product, there are similar ones available in amazon from different vendors. You can check it out. I found this very comfortable and easy to install.
Ford Bronco Phone MOunt bronc

https://www.amazon.com/Dashboard-An.../B0BRZRRNML/ref=psdc_7072562011_t2_B0BRYY6P5K
Sponsored

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
so i have a question. with wireless car play what is the need for a phone mount?

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This was my solution, it's a replacement grab handle with multiple mounting points from Archetype Racing: https://archetyperacing.com/products/ar-m-o-s-h-ar-the-d-assembly.

Ford Bronco Phone MOunt IMG_3619

I love this solution but I also love the one you posted. I'll likely buy that one too so I have somewhere to put my phone when I need that space for something else or someone else needs to charge.

The Ford charging pad is useless and some people like to use that space for easy to reach stuff, having to move shit out of the way to get to your phone is super annoying.

Thanks for posting!

Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah I'm kinda confused why you would need a mount... my Android works great thru the sync system...
Now if Ford can make the system work with less glitches, that would be great. ;)

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi All,

I recently bought this and thought of sharing. I was looking for a phone mount very close to the driver side and also stable. This one is really good. Not promoting the product, there are similar ones available in amazon from different vendors. You can check it out. I found this very comfortable and easy to install.

https://www.amazon.com/Dashboard-An.../B0BRZRRNML/ref=psdc_7072562011_t2_B0BRYY6P5K
Was just searching for a mounting solution on that side! awesome thanks for posting.

Reactions: ram

TommyHawk

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion, 1997 GMC 1500, 1965 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wonder if this would open up wide enough to hold the procal tune module? That would be a pretty sweet place to mount it!

OP
OP

ram

Outer Banks
First Name
Ram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO- 4 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so i have a question. with wireless car play what is the need for a phone mount?
Good point. If there are more than two phones connected to the car then one of them can be mounted. I sometime keep the phone on wireless charging pad, but it heats up the phone very bad. And in summer keeping it on the dash is also not advised. So I found this place to be little better.

OP
OP

ram

Outer Banks
First Name
Ram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO- 4 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah I'm kinda confused why you would need a mount... my Android works great thru the sync system...
Now if Ford can make the system work with less glitches, that would be great. ;)
Sometimes the wireless charging pad heats up the phone . I sensed a kind of risk. If your vehicle doesn’t come with wireless charging then it is different.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Needed? Probably not, but I like to keep the Waze turn by turn directions up so I know what's coming, especially when I'm going somewhere I've never been. I keep mine on the right side of the steering wheel though. Actually want to get a more substantial mount. I'm using a Magsafe now, but want something with some more retention built in.

Also gives you an easy option in the event Carplay/bluetooth flakes out. I've not had much trouble with it in my Bronco, but definitely did in my F-150 when I had a bad APIM (I think) module going bad.

Reactions: ram

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if this would open up wide enough to hold the procal tune module? That would be a pretty sweet place to mount it!
Thats the goal with mine, either the pro cal once its available in ca for the 22' 2.7 orrr... a thermal camera monitor.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This was my solution, it's a replacement grab handle with multiple mounting points from Archetype Racing: https://archetyperacing.com/products/ar-m-o-s-h-ar-the-d-assembly.

I love this solution but I also love the one you posted. I'll likely buy that one too so I have somewhere to put my phone when I need that space for something else or someone else needs to charge.

The Ford charging pad is useless and some people like to use that space for easy to reach stuff, having to move shit out of the way to get to your phone is super annoying.

Thanks for posting!
These days I absolutely insist on left handed phone mounts close to the steering wheel and the line of sight. Staring down and right to see a map (for example an off-road topo map) is asking for trouble. I ran a charging cable from the USBC port u der the plastic panels right up to the left hand mount so I can get charging there.

I like your solution too. Can you share what that screw-in ball is and how you mounted it to the grab handle? TIA

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Needed? Probably not, but I like to keep the Waze turn by turn directions up so I know what's coming, especially when I'm going somewhere I've never been. I keep mine on the right side of the steering wheel though. Actually want to get a more substantial mount. I'm using a Magsafe now, but want something with some more retention built in.

Also gives you an easy option in the event Carplay/bluetooth flakes out. I've not had much trouble with it in my Bronco, but definitely did in my F-150 when I had a bad APIM (I think) module going bad.
There are many reasons to have a phone running within your line of sight.

Ford's current implementation of AA is very buggy, freezes constantly, and requires daily head unit reboots. At the moment I find it easier to run Spotify a d Google Maps in Auto mode off my phone.

My preferred off-road topo map solution is CalTopo. They do not have an AA app so I need to run it off the phone. For my purposes Gaia, OnX, and Fatmap simply don't cut it. Given how buggy AA is I would probably want to run off the phone anyway.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

These days I absolutely insist on left handed phone mounts close to the steering wheel and the line of sight. Staring down and right to see a map (for example an off-road topo map) is asking for trouble. I ran a charging cable from the USBC port u der the plastic panels right up to the left hand mount so I can get charging there.

I like your solution too. Can you share what that screw-in ball is and how you mounted it to the grab handle? TIA

Sure, the ball is also from Archetype Racing, they sell them on their site (it's the 1" version). The rest are all RAM parts, they sell an Apple wireless charger mount. Let me know if you have trouble finding them I can dig up some links.
Sponsored