First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know if you place an order today and it’s expected in 23’ what model year you would receive? I don’t know that it is actually a year plus out for orders or not, but my dealership told me that. I currently have a base squatch my wife drives but I love it so much I want to order myself one. She’s adamant it’s hers not mine lol.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably depends on what model you order, current and future parts constraints and dealer allocation. I'm still waiting for my 2021 BL to be delivered while numerous 2022 models with less constraints have been delivered.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you order with a soft top it is much quicker. Like, a year quicker depending on dealer.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome! Sadly, it is extremely common that folks on here answer without reading the actual question. I would not take it personally.

I would expect an 80% chance of a 2023 with the remaining 20% to be a 2024. Based solely on an expected model change over about 8 months into the year. (with the caveat that your dealer's calendar year estimate is correct (obviously many things can change in the World in 30 months.)

OP
OP

drg1989

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks everyone for the reply.

Sponsored

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We ordered ours (my wife's) on Black Friday 2021. They said it would be a year. Didn't ask the M.Y. question and really don't care, although I assume it will be a 2022 unless the wait carries over into 2023. Once you're on the forum for awhile you'll see there isn't much rhyme or reason behind how Ford chooses orders for production. Many justifiably upset folks. Make certain you get an itemized settlement/transaction statement from your dealer clearly itemizing all costs. Some here didn't and are now being taken advantage of by their dealer.

Take care. Contented

machoB

Big Bend
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone know if you place an order today and it’s expected in 23’ what model year you would receive? I don’t know that it is actually a year plus out for orders or not, but my dealership told me that. I currently have a base squatch my wife drives but I love it so much I want to order myself one. She’s adamant it’s hers not mine lol.
Can you tell me what lol means? A lot of people say it. It sounds stupid.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hmm 2023? Are you going to put money down to order? I won't put money down on a vehicle a year out with shifting delivery date. So that would be a show stopper if a dealer required it.

OP
OP

drg1989

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
We ordered ours (my wife's) on Black Friday 2021. They said it would be a year. Didn't ask the M.Y. question and really don't care, although I assume it will be a 2022 unless the wait carries over into 2023. Once you're on the forum for awhile you'll see there isn't much rhyme or reason behind how Ford chooses orders for production. Many justifiably upset folks. Make certain you get an itemized settlement/transaction statement from your dealer clearly itemizing all costs. Some here didn't and are now being taken advantage of by their dealer.

Take care. Contented
Thanks! My dealership sold me the base squatch for 43 (sticker) plus another 6 which was accessories they claim their ford rep said had to go with the vehicle. A light bar, gate table, winch, rear drawer, bimini top, and console safe. Did you go with soft top? I do really want the hard top.

Sponsored
OP
OP

drg1989

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hmm 2023? Are you going to put money down to order? I won't put money down on a vehicle a year out with shifting delivery date. So that would be a show stopper if a dealer required it.
They only ask for $100. I honestly may use a different dealership that I trust more as long as they are going to sell me at msrp. I just don’t have too much faith my order would get handled correctly and timely through the dealership I bought my first one from.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you go with soft top? I do really want the hard top.
We did not for a variety of reasons, mainly because we're in Fla. In the future we'll probably get an aftermarket hardtop for summer when its too hot for going topless. The other thing you may not know about is the long history of hardtop problems with a corresponding delay. Many threads on the topic. Some feel the problem isn't completely solved yet. A few months back, Ford announced three items certain to slow your order down - a hardtop, trailer hitch and paint protection film. We ordered a trailer hitch so who knows?

The other thing I tell new folks here is don't spend too much time reading threads regarding order times, order tracking, Ford said this or that, reservations, converting reservations to orders, or added dealer markups. I don't, it's all too depressing. As I said above, many folks are upset w/ good reason. Some are still waiting after 500 days. But it is what it is. We're in it for the long haul.

Everyone who finally gets one says it was worth the wait. I hope so.

Contented

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand people's urgency to get a car they have been waiting a while for. But, for some perspective. Look at people with Tesla Cyber truck and Roadster orders. They are coming up on 4 years. Model X was about 3 years. Just something to thing about.
Sponsored