Sponsored

Plastic Bumper Tow Hook Delete (Upgrading to Modular Bumper)

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So quesiton. A friend of ours is upgrading from the Plastic bumper over to a knock-off style Modular Bumper.

We went to install it today but realized we'll have to remove her factory tow hooks as they get in the way. BUT we cant' do that because the tow hooks have an integrated mounting plate for the lower intercooler.

Sooo does anybody know of a tow hook delete kit that gives us new brackets to hold the factory intercooler up.

Second question... what about front skid plates from a modular bumper equipped truck instead?

What have those of you who have gone from a plastic to a modular done? The plastic skid plate gets in the way of the new modular bumper she's got.

So that left us with two issues.

I thought about just having her order the steel skid plates (like on my truck) which solves both problems but Fords bash kit costs about $800+
Sponsored

cr117

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of good info in this thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...d-bumper-for-heavy-duty-modular-bumper.23814/

Easiest/cheapest way would be to cut off the tow hooks from the brackets. The plastic bumper should fit with a little bit of trimming (see other member's photo below). Alternatively, you can order the brackets from the factory without the tow hooks integrated with these part numbers:

MB3Z6G079A
MB3Z6G079B

Ford Bronco Plastic Bumper Tow Hook Delete (Upgrading to Modular Bumper) 1F3D0B41-1450-473C-B984-B78E064397A4

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ended up with the intercooler brackets in my OEM parts pile after my bumper install. The Brave Offroad Bumper/Skidplate package has integrated intercooler mounts on the new skidplate itself.

So a Badlands VIN will have the PN for them. They look like this, circled.

edit: I see @cr117 listed the PNs:

MB3Z6G079A
MB3Z6G079B

Ford Bronco Plastic Bumper Tow Hook Delete (Upgrading to Modular Bumper) 20240205_140914

Last edited:

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Those P/Ns are the hook deletes on the intercooler mounts.

You still have to either trim or replace the front plastic bash plate. It will be about 4” too long from the plastic bumper to the modular bumper.

I don’t have a good part number that I can offer - I did find the Chinese knockoff on Amazon but the p/n it references wasn’t coming up - so it would “probably” work but I didn’t try it. I just jigsawed my plastic bash plate and tucked it like a … ( insert bad comparison here ). It looks just like what @cr117 shows in his picture.

There is a plastic square bracket around the intercooler that has to come out too. You can see it in @Chrome_Pony picture there - the bottom squareish piece.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C36VSCT3

NYtoCALI

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4 door on order-Transwest Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was told these are the four-part numbers needed for Outer Banks OEM plastic bumper to OEM modular bumper swap. Am I missing any parts, possibly need different skid plate? Watched YouTube video but not sure of all parts needed.
Ford Bronco Plastic Bumper Tow Hook Delete (Upgrading to Modular Bumper) IMG_0972

ajbower

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did this and just cut off the tow hooks. I figured I am never going to go back to the plastic bumper again. It was not hard to do. And I painted the cut ends and unless you know you don't see it.
Sponsored