Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Was curious to see how they would look blacked out & have been considering line-x'ing the rockers + pinch welds. Definitely love the subdued look versus how it was from the factory.

Before:
Ford Bronco Plastidipped my lower rocker panels + pinch welds Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 8.36.08 PM

After:
Ford Bronco Plastidipped my lower rocker panels + pinch welds tempImagesmhDLe
Sponsored

Last edited:

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks quite sharp. Even having the Badlands rock-rails, I’d consider taking them off to do this, if there was a potential durability improvement.

Can I ask *how* you applied it?

Thanks!

OP
OP
thesocalexplorer

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks quite sharp. Even having the Badlands rock-rails, I’d consider taking them off to do this, if there was a potential durability improvement.

Can I ask *how* you applied it?

Thanks!
Thanks! That's my ultimate goal, to get the OEM rock rails and fit them on the rockers. Can't speak to long term durability for the plastidip rocker panel application, but I've had a previous car's grille dipped for over 3 years/55k miles with zero chipping.

I masked off the door & fender areas and applied 5 coats. Waited about 5 minutes between each coat and did thicker coats for the last two. My 2 door rig took about .75 cans for both rockers. Overspray was very easy to manage and wiped off with a wet microfiber.

Here's a pic of the masking + the initial coat.

Ford Bronco Plastidipped my lower rocker panels + pinch welds Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 8.28.40 PM

Collinabc123

Base
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer h3
Your Bronco Model
Base
It looks good, but without mud flaps it may get hit by rocks and start to peel pretty quick
Sponsored