Sponsored

[POLL] Bad Batch Soft Tops or QC Purgatory???

If you have a VIN, what is the status of your Soft Top Order?

• Total voters
OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're following and have already submitted the poll. Please update your vote, thanks!

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So I am happy to report that I received my Built email - with delivery to my dealer between Sept 26 and Oct 4. I have a soft top OBX 4Dr with the 2.7L. Build date was 7/19 - so perhaps this is progress for everyone else in soft top purgatory. Hoping for all that this is the case.

rub5018

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you're following and have already submitted the poll. Please update your vote, thanks!
I have updated to more than 4 weeks - OBX 4dr soft top 2.7 Lux with Tow - modules active modem active as i said more than 4 weeks. Today i spoke to customer service - have no idea whether this is accurate but thought i would share - she said from what she can tell it is NOT quality control and that she is guessing it is one or more of the commodity items (possibly tow pkg?) I went back and forth with her politely - she seemed to indicate that if it were QC this would show on her readout. I have thus far been patient as i know there are numerous people who ordered well before me that don't even have a VIN - and i don't want to whine - but i am losing patience with the lack of communication (yes i know broken record) - just looking for someone to talk me off the ledge as i now find myself considering just keeping my gladiator - which i still love

OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have updated to more than 4 weeks - OBX 4dr soft top 2.7 Lux with Tow - modules active modem active as i said more than 4 weeks. Today i spoke to customer service - have no idea whether this is accurate but thought i would share - she said from what she can tell it is NOT quality control and that she is guessing it is one or more of the commodity items (possibly tow pkg?) I went back and forth with her politely - she seemed to indicate that if it were QC this would show on her readout. I have thus far been patient as i know there are numerous people who ordered well before me that don't even have a VIN - and i don't want to whine - but i am losing patience with the lack of communication (yes i know broken record) - just looking for someone to talk me off the ledge as i now find myself considering just keeping my gladiator - which i still love
Yeah, the same answer I've gotten. Sitting at almost 6 weeks from blend date. @LAbronco found out about an engineering bulletin to redo wiring of the active grille shutters. So I'm holding onto "product improvement" as the excuse. I was told if it was a part shortage, it would be listed in the status.

I don't have a tow package, FYI.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

8 weeks Friday just sitting. Gotta love Ford's communications. Can I fire the whole department?
At 8 weeks I'm calling my dealer to get the Regional Mgr contact info for a direct phone call. I think that warrants some communication on Ford's part.

OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At 8 weeks I'm calling my dealer to get the Regional Mgr contact info for a direct phone call. I think that warrants some communication on Ford's part.

Better be getting the hardtop prep kit at this point. ;)

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh, they called me a couple weeks back, gave me a case #!! And then quit talking again. If you check the 7/19 and 6/30 threads, there are 400+ of us.

Sponsored

rub5018

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would love that - but would settle for free maintenance for three years

OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, they called me a couple weeks back, gave me a case #!! And then quit talking again. If you check the 7/19 and 6/30 threads, there are 400+ of us.
Yeah, those two threads are tough to watch.

Edit: Seems like dirt mountain got better communication actually.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Traillme

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully, with the build date just being updated now, we’ll at least get the electrical installed for hard top….

I haven’t learned a thing
Sponsored