Sponsored

Portland Area Dealer Discussions

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I emailed Chase at Damerow about no vin etching. He said they won’t do it on the window but that the panel etching is a required dealer installed fee. Not cool. I reminded him it’s not on the sales agreement and I do t want to pay for anything I neither want, nor agreed to. Will wait for his response. Heads up for those of you also with Damerow.
Sponsored

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I emailed Chase at Damerow about no vin etching. He said they won’t do it on the window but that the panel etching is a required dealer installed fee. Not cool. I reminded him it’s not on the sales agreement and I do t want to pay for anything I neither want, nor agreed to. Will wait for his response. Heads up for those of you also with Damerow.
I emailed Nick about a few things on Wed with etching being one of them. Basically said no dealer add ons had been disclosed during the first ordering process or when the order was resubmitted. No response yet.

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I emailed Nick about a few things on Wed with etching being one of them. Basically said no dealer add ons had been disclosed during the first ordering process or when the order was resubmitted. No response yet.
I’ll keep the board updated. You do the same.

Photorunner

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m interested to see how Canby Ford treats me now that they got bought out and are Dick’s Canby Ford!

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I just received this from Chase at Damerow. Not cool. I don’t want to play the “I’m a lawyer” card, but this sort of stuff pisses me off and I do happen to be one licensed in WA and OR. No where does the sales agreement contain this.

“It is part of the fees on the purchase order. It is $399. Just to be clear, you are getting a brand new Bronco for under invoice. If you decide not to take the vehicle, we have customers waiting in line to pay $15k plus for a new Bronco right now.”

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I just received this from Chase at Damerow. Not cool. I don’t want to play the “I’m a lawyer” card, but this sort of stuff pisses me off and I do happen to be one licensed in WA and OR. No where does the sales agreement contain this.

“It is part of the fees on the purchase order. It is $399. Just to be clear, you are getting a brand new Bronco for under invoice. If you decide not to take the vehicle, we have customers waiting in line to pay $15k plus for a new Bronco right now.”
Watching intently. I'm resigned to just paying the stupid fee, I'm saving $2250 off MSRP instead or $2650, which is better than most. My order sheet does clearly say "+fees".

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watching intently. I'm resigned to just paying the stupid fee, I'm saving $2250 off MSRP instead or $2650, which is better than most. My order sheet does clearly say "+fees".
Good way to look at it my man. Thanks for trying. Maybe us who were later reservations and only got the MSRP deal will be more successful at removing vin etching

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately that is the response I was expecting. Three days and no response to my email. I will bit the bullet and pay it but I will not do any financing through them now. Plan was to finance through them wait a month or two then refi at USAA. Also the Ford corporate review, if still a thing, will reflect the undisclosed charge.

While they are giving us a great deal I feel it is still pretty underhanded to not disclose this. Further reinforces auto sales are on the same plane of existence as real estate agents.
Going to follow this as I have a Bronco that should be here in March from Damerow. I got the invoice deal as well and wasn’t smart enough to discuss no dealer add ons. Nick has been great so far and I’m still hopeful they won’t pull this on me as well.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Scheduling day. Backdoor not updating, no emails being sent as of now. People are getting notifications directly from their dealers. I called Nick Grove at Damerow. I did not get scheduled. He did say 17 got picked up today though.

Regan

Wildtrak
First Name
Regan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murano and 08 chev Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nick from Damerow called today, so nice to even hear from someone. Did not make the cut this time, but felt if I dropped the tow hitch, will get scheduled on next go around. He thinks tow has become even more of an issue than MIC. Let's hope so....

Wildtrak Lux, Leather, now soft top, no tow. Original reservation date 7/16/20

Sponsored

2w1se

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw atlas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
wrong thread. For my post. I am really frustrated because 33% of the 12/6 week haven’t been built. Somehow I posted on the wrong thread. So sorry.

Last edited:

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After writing this and re-reading it I hope not to be too forward

Please don't take offense to this or read into this too much, I am just really frustrated that it will be going on 2 months since our broncos went into production and many are still waiting on any information about them. So, I am super stoked for all those that get their emails and pictures and even their vehicles themselves. I love seeing them. Just please don't say "Oh don't worry, they are coming" because you got yours

Those of us unlucky ones still have to get built email and then a shipped email and then we have to have them railed across the country. that is a LOT of steps that FORD doesn't care about.

Again, Please brag about your vehicle I genuinely am pleased that we are not all held up and love seeing others adventures, it just stings when someone tries to lift you up by reminding you that you don't have one.

This message is for all of the 33% of our group that are still waiting to even be "built" we are probably going more than 3 months to even receive our broncos.

To all 54 of the Truly lost 12/sixers
18 - Outerbanks
15 - Wildtraks
15 - Black Diamonds
6 - Badlands

Again, I LOVE this group and LOVE seeing the posts
Was this in the wrong thread? lol. I wish 33% of us had even a production date

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nick from Damerow called today, so nice to even hear from someone. Did not make the cut this time, but felt if I dropped the tow hitch, will get scheduled on next go around. He thinks tow has become even more of an issue than MIC. Let's hope so....

Wildtrak Lux, Leather, now soft top, no tow. Original reservation date 7/16/20
I wish Nick hadn't passed my order to Chase to handle. I have gotten zero communication out of him unless I initiate, and even then it could be days later before I get a response.
Sponsored