First Name
Victoria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Apologies if this is a dumb question, but hopefully others are interested...

Background: NO reservation. Walk in order at large dealer on 11/3/21. Base with only Squatch and switches. Received email from Ford 5 minutes after I ordered and literally haven't heard one thing since.

Given that the year is half over, and it looks like production for August has at least been "planned," at what point does the issue of an order being pushed into the next model year come into play?

EDIT: Just saw this similar thread:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/22-to-23.47151/

Anyone else have any insight? Specifically what is the likelihood this will happen at this point?

Mud Dawg

We expect order banks to open Aug 15th. At that point you will have to re-submit your 22 build as a 23MY build. Maybe new colors/trims available (Everglades, Raptor, Desert Sand/Code Orange for colors). Some other order banks will be opening up towards the end of this month for other models.

OP
OP
Mud Dawg

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
We expect order banks to open Aug 15th. At that point you will have to re-submit your 22 build as a 23MY build. Maybe new colors/trims available (Everglades, Raptor, Desert Sand/Code Orange for colors). Some other order banks will be opening up towards the end of this month for other models.
That is interesting information. That must mean that all 2022 MY builds will be scheduled by August 15th?

ViKing1727

Outer Banks
First Name
Victoria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is interesting information. That must mean that all 2022 MY builds will be scheduled by August 15th?
No. Ones that aren't scheduled or selected for production by that time will need to be converted to 23MY.

OP
OP
Mud Dawg

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
No. Ones that aren't scheduled or selected for production by that time will need to be converted to 23MY.
Yeah...the exact inverse of which is that "all 2022 MY builds will be scheduled by August 15th."

Am I missing something here???

Sponsored

ViKing1727

Outer Banks
First Name
Victoria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd love to know where Ford published or promised to have all 2022 Model Years scheduled by then? Do you have a statement or release from Ford stating so? That would be awesome but I haven't heard any sort of thing like that from them nor from my clients.

Freyer

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Base CG 2dr manual & '22 Miata Club
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Since they will be building MY22 thru at least mid-November and they been assigning build weeks about 6 to 8 weeks ahead one can expect that there will be MY22 getting build dates into September. As they seem to be doing scheduling once a month, and just did June 2 weeks ago, I expect there will be one third week in July, August then September.

The roll over to MY22 occurred in October, they may push it earlier October or late September but I doubt much earlier.

My question is that if they open the order banks up for new orders in Augus as they have suggested (presumably for MY23) will those new orders placed then get precedence over those that get rolled over into MY23? It was very clear that people placing orders last fall and even January and February of this year seemed to be getting precedence over reservation holders from 2020.
Agreed...my 21 order rollover to a 22 order happened in November last year. Since I have no production date yet I reached out to my dealer/agent hoping to get some advanced movement on the rollover to 2023. I'm not expecting anything to come of it as has been the case this entire time. I finally moved forward on a Miata while this process just drags on and on and...and my Miata is on a boat in the Pacific approaching the Panama Canal. I'm looking forward to the fall weather again.

OP
OP
Mud Dawg

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd love to know where Ford published or promised to have all 2022 Model Years scheduled by then? Do you have a statement or release from Ford stating so? That would be awesome but I haven't heard any sort of thing like that from them nor from my clients.
Sorry. I should have clarified.

I should have said: "That must mean that all 2022 MY builds that are going to be scheduled for 2022 will be scheduled by August 15th?"

I did not mean to ask or assert that ALL outstanding 22MY orders would somehow magically be scheduled by August 15th.

My postulations are based solely on your representations. I certainly don't have any Ford scheduling information.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
None of the above is known, or correct, other than Order Banks are supposed to re-open on Aug 15th.

Ford will likely continue to schedule MY22 builds through mid to late September.

Ford is absolutely not going to schedule November builds in August. They have been doing 4-6 weeks out. Ford can't predict their supply chain 3+ months out, and their guessing game for 4 weeks out is pretty suspect. They just bumped a bunch of Base builds from June to August, they are not going to magically get better at schedualing between now and the middle of August.

After all MY22 builds are schedualled, then Ford will do an auto-conversion of remaining orders to MY23, and you will have to confirm with your dealer that the new configuration is acceptable to execute.

Job1 for MY23 is supposed to be in early to mid November, but Ford can push that as late as 1 Jan 2023 if needed to finish up assigned MY22 VINs.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the responses.

So I'm assuming that if your order gets converted from one model year to the next that you will have to make a trip to the dealer to discuss the vehicle options that may have changed from one year to the next?
Yep, best to discuss with dealer. Educate yourself first on what is different cause the dealer may not know.

In my MY21 to MY22 conversion I made an appointment with my dealer. The dealers were supposed to reach out, but mine hadn't. My dealer claimed it wasn't necessary that they would just roll it over and didn't need me. Something I was very curious about because the color I had selected got discontinued and the MY21 black diamond came with modular bumper standard while on MY22 that became an option. So the question had to be asked on the bumper if I wanted it as the option or just go with the capable that was standard.

Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
what do they do when some has both a MY22 and MY23 order and they are still scheduling MY22? Do they ignore people that have a MY23 order when scheduling for the tail end of MY22, do they schedule them and cancel there MY23 order? keep both orders?
If one is rolling over from MY22 to MY23 there will only be the MY23 afterwards. Which is why I believe they won't ask people to roll over till they schedule the last of the MY22 builds and then in October again ask people to roll over to MY23 in the few week period before the start scheduling MY23 builds.

If someone truely has two orders, a MY22 and a MY23 that they order say in August when the banks open, well as long as they are still scheduling MY22 vehicles the MY23 order will not be scheduled and the MY22 that person has. If the MY22 doesn't get scheduled, then they will be asked to roll over the MY22 to MY23 and the person will have two MY23 on order. And hopefully the one that was rolled over is given priority over any orders that started as MY23

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed...my 21 order rollover to a 22 order happened in November last year. Since I have no production date yet I reached out to my dealer/agent hoping to get some advanced movement on the rollover to 2023. I'm not expecting anything to come of it as has been the case this entire time. I finally moved forward on a Miata while this process just drags on and on and...and my Miata is on a boat in the Pacific approaching the Panama Canal. I'm looking forward to the fall weather again.
It is so disheartening waiting and hearing nothing. I see in your signature you ordered a 2DR manual base in June of 21. The manual and 2DR are hard ones and unfortunately you have a bunch ordered earlier in 21 and all 2020 reservations potentially ahead of you. I have a 2DR manual BD on order, originally reserved week one in July 2020 and that just got scheduled 2 weeks ago to be built mid-August. I truly believed it was going nowhere after so long and was shocked to discover it got a date. In the long wait I needed a second vehicle, I ordered a base 2DR but with automatic in November of 21 and got a build date just 6 weeks later. It got delivered the same week as the other one got a build date..
Sponsored