First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Rained yesterday and all last night and had a quick heavy snowfall earlier. But the temps. Damn. It was 49° when I went out this morning at 10am. It’s now 22° with a windchill of 8°.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same old stuff. Weather reports say we are going to get hit with a blizzard. We got 6 inches, some wind, not the 50mph predicted. Might get another 6 inches from lake effect through tomorrow.

Why is it when snow storms are predicted folks hoard TP?

Sponsored

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Question for you snow drivers: do you guys change the pressure, run lower than normal, or anything out of the ordinary?
We head to the mountains from FL every winter and the last few years I have driven my F250, which I would run 45psi (lowered the threshold in Forscan) for the trip and traction. But we have yet to run into anything more than a flurry with whatever snow fall they had was there when we arrived. This year the Bronco is up and we are heading to a much higher altitude that usually nets a few inches of snow during that time. From reading, it seems the Bronco is decent in the snow, but have yet to read what tire pressure the regulars are using.
I’ve never changed my air pressure to drive in the snow on any vehicle unless I am running off-road. 50 years of Michigan winters

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who names a storm Elliot ? What happened to names like Butch, buster, Rocko..... mad dog, Storms with names you knew would F stuff up. Winter storm Elliot ?!!!!! He's the kid who ate paste in kindergarten.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Daaaaayummmmmm

Sponsored

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Meanwhile in Miami, today's high 80F:
Ford Bronco Post your Bomb Cyclone mega snow storm Bronco pics 🌨️ 🌬️ 639F2939-8F3B-4527-8235-C0132BB23F9B
Just gave mine a wash today and had a little sweat and sunburn. Wait till Christmas Eve🥶

ScorpydJim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500 ram trx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup, I don't ever remember these bomb cyclones from when I was younger. Seems to be they just used to call them winter storms. Anyway, 12deg here in DFW with a feels like temp of -4deg. Brrrrrr. 🥶
Yea no kidding!!! I (barely) remember as a kid in ‘76ish we had a winter storm dumped a few feet of snow, school close for a week, and drifts higher than a semi… don‘t remember any bomb

cire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aspiring Bronco Owner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Drove through -14 to -18 and my Bronco heater had a hard time keeping the cab warm. The back seat felt as if no heat at all made it back there. I didn't pay attention to the truck temp at the time, however in hindsight, I suspect my Bronco engine temp was too cool to heat the heater core. This is the first time ever experiencing this. It's no wonder why semi-trucks block off majority of their front end in cold weather... Be safe out there!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for you snow drivers: do you guys change the pressure, run lower than normal, or anything out of the ordinary?
We head to the mountains from FL every winter and the last few years I have driven my F250, which I would run 45psi (lowered the threshold in Forscan) for the trip and traction. But we have yet to run into anything more than a flurry with whatever snow fall they had was there when we arrived. This year the Bronco is up and we are heading to a much higher altitude that usually nets a few inches of snow during that time. From reading, it seems the Bronco is decent in the snow, but have yet to read what tire pressure the regulars are using.
If I'm driving on decently maintained roads--I don't do anything. Usually the drop in temperature will naturally lower the pressure by ~5 PSI as it is... so no real need to do anything. Most roads fall into the "decently maintained" category because the various state DOTs in the midwest/northeast turn everything into a briny salt flat during the winter and plow the heck out of them. (Which means those "decently maintained roads" turn into a "pothole minefields" come spring, but that's a conversation for a different time I suppose.)

If I'm driving in light powdery snow with roads that haven't been plowed... I'll drop the pressure. When the weather is cold (20s and lower) and the snow is dry it basically acts like sand.

With wet snow and weather that is hovering just below the freezing point... it's basically a crap shoot. You can drop the pressure so more surface area contacts the road, but realistically not a whole lot you can do other than drive with a light foot. You're on an ice skating rink so slow and steady wins the race.
Sponsored