Fokker4x4

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4Runner/2023 Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I skipped getting PPF on our space white Mach-e in January and regret it now as it has least 3 large rock chips on the front bumper and hood. So I have been researching PPF options for my new Race Red 2 dr Heritage and have several questions.

1. As the Heritage has the white spear pinstripe and "Bronco" name on it, I am interested in hearing what Heritage owners are doing for PPF and if they are putting the PPF over the OEM stickers or have sourced OEM stickers and having them applied on top of the PPF? From what i have read, when the PPF needs to be removed, it will pull up the stickers. Now if the stickers are on top of the PPF, its going to be removed too.

2. Is it possible to have the front grill PPF? I have not seen a pre cut kit for the Heritage grill.

3. Any recommendations on who to use for PPF in the Denver, CO area?
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I skipped getting PPF on our space white Mach-e in January and regret it now as it has least 3 large rock chips on the front bumper and hood. So I have been researching PPF options for my new Race Red 2 dr Heritage and have several questions.

1. As the Heritage has the white spear pinstripe and "Bronco" name on it, I am interested in hearing what Heritage owners are doing for PPF and if they are putting the PPF over the OEM stickers or have sourced OEM stickers and having them applied on top of the PPF? From what i have read, when the PPF needs to be removed, it will pull up the stickers. Now if the stickers are on top of the PPF, its going to be removed too.

2. Is it possible to have the front grill PPF? I have not seen a pre cut kit for the Heritage grill.

3. Any recommendations on who to use for PPF in the Denver, CO area?
I put all the part numbers for the pinstripes in the Heritage thread, they're not cheap if you remove them and replace on top of the PPF. Have you thought about just doing the front nose/hood and then the lower body where they're prone for rock chips?

I'm a little worried about the upright white grille too, hopefully the paint will hold up over time.

OP
OP
Fokker4x4

Fokker4x4

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4Runner/2023 Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I put all the part numbers for the pinstripes in the Heritage thread, they're not cheap if you remove them and replace on top of the PPF. Have you thought about just doing the front nose/hood and then the lower body where they're prone for rock chips?

I'm a little worried about the upright white grille too, hopefully the paint will hold up over time.
That's great! I will check out the part numbers. I was thinking just doing the Nose/hood, front grill and lower body of the doors. But with the "Bronco" letters near the front, it would typically be covered with PPF even when doing just a partial front mask.

Dawgzz

Badlands
First Name
Jason Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the 23MY HLE Ang it’s getting PPF installed to to the fronts of doors, hood, A pillars, lights and grille. It will go over the stickers and has cut out around bronco script logo and I don’t believe it will cover grille letters. The installer I use won’t put the PPF on textured surfaces bumper, fenders and mirrors.

mdube72

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have the 23MY HLE Ang it’s getting PPF installed to to the fronts of doors, hood, A pillars, lights and grille. It will go over the stickers and has cut out around bronco script logo and I don’t believe it will cover grille letters. The installer I use won’t put the PPF on textured surfaces bumper, fenders and mirrors.
@Dawgzz - Did you find a kit maker that has a precut PPF section for the Heritage/Limited white grill ? I have not found one yet. My install here in NH sounds very confident that he will do it on his own. I must admit, it brings me a little concern over precut with all cuts.

Sponsored

Dawgzz

Badlands
First Name
Jason Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you go to the Xpel website and select your bronco, go through the prompts until you come to pre cut kits. You should be able to find what you’re looking for. I don’t think the kit covers the whole grille it stops just as you come to the side of cutout holes.

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

There is no grille kit on the XPel site for Heritage.
People who already had the PPF applied, does it adhere over the white pinstripe well without bubble along the stripe? Maybe apply the PPF only up to the stripe level?
Do I really need the tailgate or shall I just do ceramics there.

OP
OP
Fokker4x4

Fokker4x4

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4Runner/2023 Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
There is no grille kit on the XPel site for Heritage.
People who already had the PPF applied, does it adhere over the white pinstripe well without bubble along the stripe? Maybe apply the PPF only up to the stripe level?
Do I really need the tailgate or shall I just do ceramics there.
I noticed that as well. I have not had PPF applied yet, but plan on discussing with with a couple different shops this week.

EVH1994

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used Denver Auto Shield for my 2DR Bronco and they did a great job. Total cost for the entire thing was $4000, which was about $3k cheaper than anywhere else I looked. With the full coverage I got fenders, doors, tailgate, hood, windshield frame, headlights, and grille.

They asked beforehand if I wanted to keep the Badlands stickers (which I did), so they had the PPF cut out to go around them. It looks pretty slick.

OP
OP
Fokker4x4

Fokker4x4

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4Runner/2023 Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I used Denver Auto Shield for my 2DR Bronco and they did a great job. Total cost for the entire thing was $4000, which was about $3k cheaper than anywhere else I looked. With the full coverage I got fenders, doors, tailgate, hood, windshield frame, headlights, and grille.

They asked beforehand if I wanted to keep the Badlands stickers (which I did), so they had the PPF cut out to go around them. It looks pretty slick.
Good info! I am meeting with Denver Auto Shield this afternoon to over the nuances of the heritage. I will report back what they say.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fokker4x4

Fokker4x4

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4Runner/2023 Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Good info! I am meeting with Denver Auto Shield this afternoon to over the nuances of the heritage. I will report back what they say.
I decided to go with Denver Auto Shield, I am getting the following PPF’d

Body panel under grill
Front Grill
Headlights and fog lamps
Full hood
A pillars and roof strip
Rocker panels on front fender, door and rear fender
Door cups
Inside rear tailgate
Door sills
Door edges

I decided against doing A full wrap as I didn’t want to mess with replacing the heritage stickers. This does leave a portion of the front fender exposed but I can live with that.

OP
OP
Fokker4x4

Fokker4x4

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4Runner/2023 Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Wanted to post an update that I did get Xpel PPF installed last week as I outlined above. But Xpel does NOT have a pre-cut pattern for the Heritage grill yet, so my installer did not cover the grill.
Sponsored