First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. I asked @XPEL several months ago. Really cool that they have a pattern now!
I went to my guy a couple weeks back and asked if they were in the system and sure enough were, this was mid July when I was in for a different job on one of my cars while I was there.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Bronco
Badlands
Just tell her she doesn't get to drive it until it gets PPF then DUCK 😂
LOL, you are really trying to get me deep in it! 🤣

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Bronco
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interested in getting full body PPF, was checking out Xpel's site, clicked on authorized installer closest to me ( which wasn't really all that close ) and requested a quote.

$9800 :oops: is what they came back with. for 8mil if I wanted to go with thicker 10Mil for better trail protection would be an additional 20%

So is this one place just crazy expensive.. or is that an accurate price?

Also what is a decent time frame for installation, they said would need the vehicle for a little over a week to get it done.

This didn't include any paint correction , ceramic coating or anything like that either, this was just the film.
I just paid $1800 for full hood, grill and fenders, about 1/3 of the truck for Xpel. Took 2 days. Looks great!

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I won't do a full, way too much $ considering my old cars aren't all scratched and dinged up. But I will do at least the front of the hood, thinking about trying my hands on this to save money. Start with the door sills, you can get a roll of xpel for that on Amazon. If that works out ok, I might just buy a hood and fender kit and try my luck. Prices for those kits on xpel are pretty steep too though.

It's an off road vehicle, I don't need it to look new in 5 years, but I want to avoid things I didn't do to it, like flying rocks and people getting in with dirty shoes.

I'd never pay $4-5k for this treatment though, it's not a Lamborghini or classic show car. Personally could not justify the cost.

I'll claybar it when I get it and give it a good wash and will use one of the "ceramic coat" products available to regular people on it though, those seem to work quite well and are easy to apply, make washing much easier. Not sure which product I'll try, good reviews and tests on youtube.

Advertisement

Apollo Optics
Advertisement