Sponsored

PPF or ceramic coating - Did you have either done, and how much did it cost?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ceramic is overpriced and overhyped IMO. I'll be going with full PPF and keeping a good sealant over the top of that.
Sponsored

ManikMonday

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 G500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Twins! šŸ˜‚ yes, smaller town = cheaper price. I was getting quotes all the way up to 8k and got it for little over half that.

PS how was removing the FE graphics? Lol my installer was pissed, wanted to charge more, and had me come help remove them instead. What a complete pain in the ass! Once those get weathered after 10 years they will be impossible to remove without sanding them down. I am very thankful I got rid of that shit!
Based on your advice I prewarned the shop it was going to be rough... They said we have "stuff" for that. No complaints and no extra cost, they even kept the FE badges incase I want them for future use! Also installed a PPF stealth screen cover, added some nice black grip tape on the door sills, and relocated my keypad to inside the gas door for free.

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the facade of the Bronco lends itself to selective PPF application very well. The leading edges of the hood and fenders, windshield frame, and mirrors probably get the job done with the vertical and boxy nature of the vehicle. If you need something on the sides, that would be a different story obviously.

The aforementioned Adams products are supposed to be an excellent option for the DIY. If you don't mind doing it every 9-12 months, there are a number of spray on ceramic sealant products that are extremely user friendly, Griots, Turtlewax Hybrid Solutions, etc.
Try some Tracwrap maybe for when you are 4x4ing to protect your sides.
https://www.xpel.com/products/paint-protection-film/tracwrap

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm getting crazy high quotes here in NJ for PPF
My son had ihs Raptor and we had a mustang ceramic coated. About $1500 for the top guy in area using Shine Supply which is a top detailing product. That price assumes your paint is new or in good shape. I am in California, so possibly cheaper in other areas. I can say the ceramic is amazing. Washing is so easy and paint looks wet.

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I canā€™t stand the mudflaps look. I am looking at ppf between the fender wells. Choosing between suntek ultra and xpel. Suntek quote was $400 and xpel $600.

Suntek also quoted $1200 to do both sides top to bottom if I paid cash. Seriously considering.

I guess Iā€™ll never understand why someone would spend $5k to ā€œprotectā€ the paint in their Bronco for 3 years. Hell, you could probably get it repainted for that price!

plus, itā€™s an off-road truck, not an Italian super car.
Someone scratched my 250 Tremor back door and bed. Painted both doors bed to match, cost $7300.

BASE729

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Up here in NH I got the Stealth PPF done for 3,500. I should take better pics, its hard to see the matte finish in such bright sunlight. I did have some kids give me a thumbs up at a bus stop, so going to say it looks 'cool'
Ford Bronco PPF or ceramic coating - Did you have either done, and how much did it cost? bronco

boatdreamer

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-250 Tremor 6.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just had the front clip (hood fenders painted part of the roof ā€œAā€ pillars headlights painted part under the grill and two front windows tinted by AP3 in Atlanta. This is the third car Iā€™ve had done by them this year. These guys are true professionals and do a great job. I feel their prices are fair thatā€™s why I keep going back. I paid around $2k for my BD and it only took a day and a half to do. When I get home I clay bar the rest of the body and use Turtle Wax Hybrid ceramic spray coating then apply a second coat 24 hours later. I think the key for making it last is to use their low pH wash. For us this has worked our well.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got the Expel self healing PPF everywhere except the tailgate and it was about 5k (two years ago).
It was beyond worth it because I've had several incidents with scratches that we were able to heal up with heat, without the ppf would've ruined the truck.

IMG_3381.jpg

BuaidhNoBas

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2022 Expedition Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I paid 4k for full xpel PPF and 275 for a windshield film here in SC. they did a great job, very happy with it.

Sponsored

RR410

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride, Mercedes Benz GLC 300
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went with a Local company here in Tampa FL, https://www.tfatsautospa.com/ for PPF on the whole front and then Ceramic Coating on the whole vehicle. They did an Outstanding job and the Bronco always looks sharp. I had used them for detailing other vehicles previously.

Choptopbronco

Badlands
First Name
Jett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a great experience with blue sky tint in the Denver area for folks looking. A full 3M wrap of all painted surfaces, ceramic coating of the hard top and all plastics set me back about $6k. Most quotes in the area were similar or higher for less coverage. Be sure to ask what kind of ppf they use, several shops said they used their own proprietary film. I wanted a brand name like xpel or 3M, had to look harder for shops that installed that stuff.

FischSD

Wildtrak
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If anyone is in SoCal/San Diego, just had ā€˜The Detailing Gentlemenā€™ do a 5-year ceramic on my 4dr Wildtrak and wow. Iā€™m so impressed. Iā€™ve ceramic coated 3/4 last couple cars and this one takes the cake. Edmundo did an amazing job and didnā€™t cut any corners. Put in almost 7 hours making sure it was perfect. I walked into the garage and from 15 yards away could already tell the craftsmanship that went into it. Highly recommend to anyone in San Diego. Very reasonably priced too. I have ZERO Affiliation with this company. Just sharing a great local business.

https://thedetailinggentlemen.com/
Sponsored