Ahnamataeus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those that are saying it's a gimmick, that it only lasts a year, or doesn't really protect against anything are wrong on all points.

Ceramic coating is fantastic, but don't make the assumption that it's some kind of force field. PPF is better at protecting against debris, for obvious reasons, which is why the military originally developed it.

CC is awesome for keeping the vehicle clean, looking awesome, and for protecting against minor scratches and pebbles, etc. I have a black bronco, which has has been peppered with small pebbles, has had mud pasted on the side of it for weeks at a time, and things like keyrings knocked against the side of it. It's protected against all of that, or greatly reduced the damage, compared to not having anything. If someone or something hits it hard enough or keys your car with intent, it won't protect against that. I also ceramic coat my motorcycles, where I wrap them or not, because it's unbelievable how many rocks hit them and crop the fairings.

If your CC is only lasting a year, either you used a crap product or you messed up on the application. CC, Automotive Vinyl, and PPF all have a life cycle and have to be replaced or reapplied some what regularly (measured in years).

I've used all three and prefer CC unless I'm going to vinyl-wrap something, in which case I'll wrap it, then use a type of CC made specifically for vinyl, on top. While it's simple to apply, it's easy to mess up and you can end up with streaking, spotting, etc. with a hardened solution that you aren't going to get off without effort (like sanding).

As for the warranty, unless you garage your vehicle and it never sees the light of day, it won't last 10 years, just like AV won't. Sometimes that 10 year warranty actually includes a re-application of it so check the contract. PPF can last up to 10 years, but likely it will be yellowed, peeling, or damaged before then and you'll have to replace it anyways.

All of them have their pros and cons, so it's best to see which one fits your desires/needs more. I wanted more ease of cleaning, and some protection. It's a bloody Bronco, it's gonna drag over rocks, have branches scrape along it, etc. Nothing will protect against all of that. I bought it for a purpose, not so I could parade it on a show room floor with a mirror shine and no beauty marks.

Edit: Also, that price does seem a bit steep, but not completely out of this world. There are varying CCs with different hardnesses, etc. If they are using one of the top of the line products, then I could see why the price might be higher. It's also area dependent, since most of its labor cost. Competition can drive prices up or down. I had mine applied by my dealership when it was delivered (or they contracted a local shop more likely). They did an AWESOME job.
Sponsored

Canyon Coolers

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
canyoncoolers.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco, Dodge 2500, Sprinter Van
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I elected to do my own ceramic coating. I'll admit I had no pretensions about this being a concourse vehicle either. I started following reddit's r/detailing used a few Chemical Bros. products but eventually gravitated to Mckee 37 products.

It takes the better part of a day but the gloss is real and essentially permanent. If you get on the McKee mailing list sooner or later they shoot you great prices on the product you want. I used their graphene kit, a silicon spray and their foam gun, also a clay mitt.

I wouldn't call my work or the results perfect but the $300 or $400 dollars I have into it, I can ceramic coat it again whenever I feel like, and I now have a foam gun which is pretty cool.

Otherwise mylocal detailer will do it for $700.

Ford Bronco Ceramic coating??  Any good?  Cost?  Opinions?? Etc 20230723_111013

Ford Bronco Ceramic coating??  Any good?  Cost?  Opinions?? Etc 20230723_111215

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Rodeoman

Black Diamond
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond, Sequoia, 2500 hd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

New 2 door heritage owner. Looking at ceramics coating. Any good?? Worth it(got a quote for $1400)? Just looking for thoughts, opinions, etc.

Also one was proposed me has a 9 year warranty and is transferable if the bronco gets resold. Thoughts??

Thanks.
You might consider System X “Max” lifetime warranty. It‘s also registeredon your car fax report.

This is the only professional ceramic I have used. Prior to System X I used the standard personal grade and wasn’t satisfied.

The issue you will run into with any professional grade is it has to come from an authorized installer.

Ford Bronco Ceramic coating??  Any good?  Cost?  Opinions?? Etc IMG_6268

Ford Bronco Ceramic coating??  Any good?  Cost?  Opinions?? Etc IMG_6266

Ford Bronco Ceramic coating??  Any good?  Cost?  Opinions?? Etc IMG_6248

Ford Bronco Ceramic coating??  Any good?  Cost?  Opinions?? Etc IMG_6245

Last edited:

GLOCK10MM

Raptor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2015 & 2004 2500 CUMMINGS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What is the story w/ pics 3 & 4 ? :oops:

Sponsored

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I applied Armor Shield IX on my bronco the first week I got it. Did all the prep work from clay bar, iron wash, paint correction and orbital polisher before applying product. Two coats recommended. Was easy to apply, product very forgiving. Looks great. How long will it last. My Bronco is garaged mostly. Would I do it again, probably not. My other vehicles live outside. I wash and rinse vehicles. We have hard water so when vehicle is still wet I spray Technician choice ceramic spray all over vehicle then rinse off it helps with water spots.

buschris

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Polish Angel. You're Welcome.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive had my last 3 done and will tell you it's simply amazing. Dirt will not stick to it very well. The paint correction I believe is what seperates the good shops from the bad ones. Mine has a 9 year warranty thru Gtechniq and the detailer goes over it every year. I'm a believer!

IMG_2101.JPG
Great looking rig! What size wheel and tires are those if you don’t kind me asking? Squatch? Any lift? Appreciate it, just trying to figure out what to do next to mine. I have method rims in a 0 offset and looking to go up in tire size on my non squatch badlands .

Slider

Big Bend
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Lariot, 2023 Bronco BB, 2021 BroncoSport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great looking rig! What size wheel and tires are those if you don’t kind me asking? Squatch? Any lift? Appreciate it, just trying to figure out what to do next to mine. I have method rims in a 0 offset and looking to go up in tire size on my non squatch badlands .
Itchysquatch, thanks! She is a 2023 Wildtrak Sas. factory HOSS 3.0 with 17x9 RTR Wheels 0 offset, 35x12.50 KO's... I also had a 2023 Big Ben NON Sas with same wheel/tire, 2" zone lift and its stance was virtually identical.

Sponsored

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itchysquatch, thanks! She is a 2023 Wildtrak Sas. factory HOSS 3.0 with 17x9 RTR Wheels 0 offset, 35x12.50 KO's... I also had a 2023 Big Ben NON Sas with same wheel/tire, 2" zone lift and its stance was virtually identical.
Gotcha, appreciate the quick response. Enjoy the ride!

PullMeOverRed22

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Totally worth it. I got a 5yr and with the paint correction, it cost me $950. It is so easy to keep clean. The water beading is amazing.

I use Chemical Guys products for my washes and cleaning and this thing always seems to look great.

Totally worth the investment in my opinion.

Ford Bronco Ceramic coating??  Any good?  Cost?  Opinions?? Etc Bronco Santiago Peak

Steed76

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In my opinion it's totally worth it! I got crystal serum ultra topped with the new EXO V5, PPF on all the vulnerable areas, and nano ceramic tint on all the glass including the windshield for 2900.00. i will say shop around and research on chemicals before committing.

Cardboardbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Cb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Question for everyone. Does ceramic tend to attract dust? I had ppf on the hood and fenders along with full xpel ceramic. The car cleans off easily but the hood seems to attract dust pretty quick. Also I noticed it doesn’t seem to bead water as much as other parts of the car huh

Pic during wash and pic after

IMG_5128.jpeg
IMG_1342.jpeg

Patrickgault

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd have it installed only if I had black paint. I've been down the black paint road and it's a maintenance nightmare. For me, it's a regular carwash and yearly wax. Drive it like you stole it!
Sponsored