Ceramic coating?? Any good? Cost? Opinions?? Etc

birdieman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
New 2 door heritage owner. Looking at ceramics coating. Any good?? Worth it(got a quote for $1400)? Just looking for thoughts, opinions, etc.

Also one was proposed me has a 9 year warranty and is transferable if the bronco gets resold. Thoughts??

Thanks.
Sponsored

Buck N Bronc

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good question. Following šŸ˜¬

SaveTheManuals

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

9 Year warranty on the ceramic coating?! I believe even if it gets applied perfectly it would need to be reapplied after 5 years. I have had 2 mustangs ceramic coated and the main benefit is not having to wax it ever. 1400 also seems a bit steep if its only the ceramic coating and no paint correction. I would also just skip the warranty unless its super super cheap.

Sponsored

Joe Hillman

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Grand Cherokee, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer had mine done for me before I took delivery. mine is a 2door also and I'm sure itā€™s area specific on costs too. If I remember right it was 800 For mine. Iā€™ve watch pricing around here and itā€™s all over the place. A good one i think is worth every penny of the cost. I havenā€™t checked into it but if they offer one for the plastic on it Iā€™d do that also.

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Realize the life of automotive ceramic coating is 2-5 years. Be sure to start with clay bar to do the proper prep. Totally worth it, but as with anything exposed to the elements it does deteriorate over time.
Ford Bronco Ceramic coating??  Any good?  Cost?  Opinions?? Etc 20230329_133539

Last edited:

DougF

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
New 2 door heritage owner. Looking at ceramics coating. Any good?? Worth it(got a quote for $1400)? Just looking for thoughts, opinions, etc.

Also one was proposed me has a 9 year warranty and is transferable if the bronco gets resold. Thoughts??

Thanks.
I had it done to my 4dr badlands sas. It was pricey, but I had ALL of it done, paint, plastic, wheels. They say itā€™s warranted for 10 years, but it requires annual ā€œmaintenanceā€ where the installer details the car and applies another ā€œtop coatā€. Make sure you ask a lot of questions. Installers are a dime a dozen and the quality of the product they apply is all over the place. I donā€™t know about the long term yet (obviously) so there is a bit or ā€œhope and prayerā€ about whether itā€™s worth it or not. Whichever, I FEEL better about protecting the finish and it does look great.

GaMeg

Outer Banks
First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We asked the dealer about ceramic coating on our 4-door recently and if I remember correctly, they said around $2200.00!
I plan to check around, but was curious if the benefits of it are even worth it...

Slider

Big Bend
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Lariot, 2023 Bronco BB, 2021 BroncoSport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ive had my last 3 done and will tell you it's simply amazing. Dirt will not stick to it very well. The paint correction I believe is what seperates the good shops from the bad ones. Mine has a 9 year warranty thru Gtechniq and the detailer goes over it every year. I'm a believer!

IMG_2101.JPG

Sponsored

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks.
I did full paint protection film on mine. More durable.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just use Griots 3 in 1 ceramic spray every 2 months on all exterior surfaces. Paint, plastic and glass. Iā€™m not spending 1400. Especially if it involves that yearly recurring revenue clause. Maybe itā€™s amazing stuff. But mine looks great. Who remembers Liquid Glass in the 80ā€™s?

GaMeg

Outer Banks
First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ive had my last 3 done and will tell you it's simply amazing. Dirt will not stick to it very well. The paint correction I believe is what seperates the good shops from the bad ones. Mine has a 9 year warranty thru Gtechniq and the detailer goes over it every year. I'm a believer!

Ford Bronco Ceramic coating??  Any good?  Cost?  Opinions?? Etc IMG_2101.JPG
My Bronco is black and I live on a gravel road....in your opinion, would it be helpful for the road dust?

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think ceramic coating is a rip off. Only last 2 years max
I just spray wax mine frequently