First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got mine back on Friday from a full Xpel Stealth PPF wrap. My hinges have the PPF on them. If the installer uses a plotter to cut the film per the template, then they should get the pieces for the hinges. Picture below is from Xpel's website showing the plotter layout for the rear tailgate. The lines in the middle and under the handle are where there are splices in the film to make everything fit. You don't see the splices with the spare and handle on.

Your installer should know there is a template available for the plotter to cut everything out.

P0509T-US_00.gif
Great stuff - thanks again!
Sponsored

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm pretty obsessive about things and you can see my build on the "Builds" page.

For all of the "plastic" I use Turtle Wax Graphene Acrylic Trim Restorer (with gloves on) which makes everything a nice deep black. At events, it is the #1 question I get asked on why my roof is such a deep, matte black instead of gray. Plus, when the mirrors get pinstriped, it restores them back.

As for the door hinges, I run the RTS reinforcement because of 37" and they have black hinges. Essence Motorsports don't recommend things with a lot of angles - for instance, they suggested not doing the inside of the back door and one year later, I agree.

Inside and out, I want an understated and highly functional design. Xpel Stealth does both very well.

ElSegundo@KermitBronco-12.jpg

ElSegundo@KermitBronco-3.jpg
Essence Motorsports in Laguna Hills. EXCELLENT and extremely well priced. I got it done immediately upon delivery 13 months ago and it saved my bacon on multiple overgrown trails.

These pics are when they did it last year. You can see things one year as I just posted my rig in the Builds section.

20230113_175235.jpg

328673763_5988656374529502_7137004284695817640_n.jpg

328700028_557156393127758_5317384873532103827_n.jpg
Mind sharing where you got the oval Ford emblem for the tailgate? It looks darker than the smoked chrome one that Ford is selling and doesn't appear to be a vinyl overlay. Looks really nice!

KermitBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Red Sox 4Life

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, Lexus GS350, Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where did you go? I'm in SoCal too and am looking to do a matte PPF on my HPR Wildtrak.
Check out "N-Tech" in Riverside, he did my Lexus and was very meticulous. I'm waiting for an appointment to get my Bronco done. Just the PPF (Xpel Ultimate) was quoted about $3,100 for the hood, Front fenders and all four doors. Check out his website for his gallery of photos. If he is Japanese, you have the right place.

Barnshark

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just ordered an Azure Grey Wildtrak. Love a recommendation on Ford PPF from the factory or aftermarket PPF. Thanks
Sponsored