Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all. Looking for some advice from folks who have done this. I’d like some peace of mind so I’m looking at wrapping my vehicle with PPF.

I’m new to off-roading, so first thing - is PPF actually that effective against rock chips/pin stripes/etc?

Second - I got a quote for a full vehicle wrap for $5600 with Llumar Valor from a local shop. The film is hydrophobic so I don’t have to pay extra for ceramic coating. 1) is this a quality film and 2) is the price too high? Should I go with XPEL?

Finally, is there anything I should know if I go with a stealth film in terms of protection, self healing and maintenance?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Watching

I usually XPEL select areas then ceramic coat. That's what I was going to do with the Bronco so looking forward to hearing from those with experience.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a shop out here that uses Premium Shield in Omaha, NE. I did a Tesla and a Tacoma with full PPF and was charged $1450 for each about. They can do Xpel if I want, but materials would cost 30% more. I asked them to use Xpel as its marketed really well, but they tell me they have gotten some rolls in and cant tell the difference. I think my research at the time showed xpel was .8mill vs their .6mill (Only working from memory). I'm going to wrap my Bronco too and considering the stealth wrap. Both companies make the stealth product. If I go xpel I assume it would go up to $1750.

Don't feel bad though, most places around her that sell xpel wanted to charge me 3k-4k and I was a hard pass. I still remember they quoted me on xpel an extra $400 for both rockers to be added and my shop said it would be $80 with their product. No wonder they drive such nice cars... :) I found a tint/clear bra shop that usually does not do full wraps to do mine and turned out wonderful both times! Funny part is the person that would have done me xpel install was new...... But the guy at the shop I used has been doing for 20yrs. Will be going back for a 4th time when the Bronco comes in!

Question: " is PPF actually that effective against rock chips/pin stripes/etc? "
Answer: Yes, my Tesla paint was absolute shit. I had over 100 chips in it from 30 days of driving and less than paper thin paint (I had to get the factory paint correction kit to fix). Once I put the wrap on, I never saw another issue. Now I had about 3 places a large rock took a chunk out of the wrap, but did not get the paint.

Question: Price
Answer: See above

Question: Stealth questions
Answer: I look forward to everyone's thoughts as I would like to hear too.

In summary, shop if you have the time, and I have the time :) If not, life is too short to spend too much time on things like this. I was raised to never accept high prices, or a quick no from someone.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dimitar

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a shop out here that uses Premium Shield in Omaha, NE. I did a Tesla and a Tacoma with full PPF and was charged $1450 for each about. They can do Xpel if I want, but materials would cost 30% more. I asked them to use Xpel as its marketed really well, but they tell me they have gotten some rolls in and cant tell the difference. I think my research at the time showed xpel was .8mill vs their .6mill (Only working from memory). I'm going to wrap my Bronco too and considering the stealth wrap. Both companies make the stealth product. If I go xpel I assume it would go up to $1750.

Don't feel bad though, most places around her that sell xpel wanted to charge me 3k-4k and I was a hard pass. I still remember they quoted me on xpel an extra $400 for both rockers to be added and my shop said it would be $80 with their product. No wonder they drive such nice cars... :) I found a tint/clear bra shop that usually does not do full wraps to do mine and turned out wonderful both times! Funny part is the person that would have done me xpel install was new...... But the guy at the shop I used has been doing for 20yrs. Will be going back for a 4th time when the Bronco comes in!

Question: " is PPF actually that effective against rock chips/pin stripes/etc? "
Answer: Yes, my Tesla paint was absolute shit. I had over 100 chips in it from 30 days of driving and less than paper thin paint (I had to get the factory paint correction kit to fix). Once I put the wrap on, I never saw another issue. Now I had about 3 places a large rock took a chunk out of the wrap, but did not get the paint.

In summary, shop if you have the time, and I have the time :) If not, life is too short to spend too much time on things like this. I was raised to never accept high prices, or a quick no from someone.
Thanks that’s helpful!

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
in my mind a Bronco or a Wrangler should be easier/cheaper than a regular car to wrap as there is no need to wrap bumpers or roof. Also the body panels are relatively flat.
thoughts?

Jordan12

Everglades
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades

My bronco is coming in this week and I have yet to find a reliable place at a fair price. I live in Lincoln and would love to know your results and where you went. Thanks!

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in suburban NY and all quotes I have gotten are in a tight range of around $6000-6500. I thought I'd save $ and get it done in Vermont, the quote up there was actually higher!

question for offroading, if you encounter brush, will it scratch the PPF? or will PPF hold up to most soft brush?
Sponsored