Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ceramic is not the way to go for protection. PPF also allowed you to use consumer grade ceramic or Graphene for hydrophobic applications. Ceramic is great. Love it! But a Bronco, no way.

may wife has ceramic on her Murano. It’s always looking pretty and easy to wash. Paint looks enhanced.
But her car, a 2022, needs a new hood and front bumper from road rash.

my bronco is full PPF and I have taken it off road and everything coveraged by PPF is showroom ready.

pPF for protection. Ceramic for shine. Ceramic won’t stay on PPF long. Doesn’t molecularly bond. Every 2-3 months, I wipe some Graphene on my PPF. My bronco shines and is slick like ceramic.

PPF for life for me! A new car that will stay looking new
Hmmmmm, I have had Ceramic on a Jeep Wrangler and it too shined and resisted hard water and dirty very well. I youtube lots of the detail video and find myself at lost in the sauce. I would say, if I were to choose a PPF, it would be for a desired color change as well as the ceramic.

I am still considering PPF…you all here on the platform and supporting… THE DO IT DO IT chant

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hmmmmm, I have had Ceramic on a Jeep Wrangler and it too shined and resisted hard water and dirty very well. I youtube lots of the detail video and find myself at lost in the sauce. I would say, if I were to choose a PPF, it would be for a desired color change as well as the ceramic.

I am still considering PPF…you all here on the platform and supporting… THE DO IT DO IT chant
There is nothing to be lost about.

ppf is a thick film that covers your painted surfaces. When a rock chips it, it severed as a barrier of protection.

ceramic is like a wax that hardens on a car.

when you touch PPF on a car, you never touch the paint. When you touch ceramic on a car, you are essentially touching the paint.

both are great. But only one offers protection.

shucks, I had some boards in my bronco last night that were to long. I opened the tailgate and the slipped out of the my hand. They fell on the tailgate and all the pressure from them rested on the top of my tailgate and as it opened wider, the boards just ripped my PPF. I barely lost any paint. The PPF in that area is gone, ripped to shreds.

when I take my top off, sometimes those metal connectors hit my bronco, the PPF saves it.

ppf is like a glass screen cover on a cellphone. The glass screen cover gets cracked and chipped but not the actual screen.

it deflects tree branches, rocks, etc.

noting is wrong with either but every car I ever own will always be PPF. My wife’s murano is a ‘22 and my bronco is a ‘22. The Bronco goes off-roading and in the woods. The Bronco looks newer than the murano.

*the murano is ceramic coated.

Rickbobby334

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know your right, the protection is greater

I’ll be on the lookout. Did you get the entire package done?

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had their MIC top or after market hard top ceramic coated or covered in PPF? Looking for any feedback on that, and what you chose.

Sponsored

MikeOU

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Taking my 2022 Badlands Sasquatch in today to get full Xpel Stealth PPF including the roll bar for right around $7k in Oklahoma. Shop I'm going with includes Xpel Fusion Ceramic coating as part of the install (or you could get Xpel ceramic window tint). They are the largest Xpel installer in Oklahoma so looking forward to final product.

Had another estimate from a different smaller shop and they were the same price but did not include the ceramic coating.

Similar to original post, they do a full hand wash and clay bar the entire vehicle. Then the do paint correction. And then the PPF. Estimate says it will take right at a week.

KermitBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where did you go? I'm in SoCal too and am looking to do a matte PPF on my HPR Wildtrak.
Essence Motorsports in Laguna Hills. EXCELLENT and extremely well priced. I got it done immediately upon delivery 13 months ago and it saved my bacon on multiple overgrown trails.

These pics are when they did it last year. You can see things one year as I just posted my rig in the Builds section.

Ford Bronco XPEL Ceramic Coating + XPEL  Ultimate Plus PPF Applied 20230113_175235

Ford Bronco XPEL Ceramic Coating + XPEL  Ultimate Plus PPF Applied 328673763_5988656374529502_7137004284695817640_n

Ford Bronco XPEL Ceramic Coating + XPEL  Ultimate Plus PPF Applied 328700028_557156393127758_5317384873532103827_n

OrlandoOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had my full front end and mirrors done in Expel film, the rest ceramic coated back in October, couldn’t be more happier with it. I also had the windows tinted and UVH film on windsheild.

josh1121

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan XD Diesel 4x4, LandRover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Essence Motorsports in Laguna Hills. EXCELLENT and extremely well priced. I got it done immediately upon delivery 13 months ago and it saved my bacon on multiple overgrown trails.

These pics are when they did it last year. You can see things one year as I just posted my rig in the Builds section.

Ford Bronco XPEL Ceramic Coating + XPEL  Ultimate Plus PPF Applied 328700028_557156393127758_5317384873532103827_n

Holy crap that looks really nice!

KermitBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Potluck99

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 CJ5, 1977 J10, 2022 Lowrider ST
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've had full XPEL PPF now for almost 3 years on mine and its amazing. No issues. The self healing part is terrific. No more pinstriping. I know the stealth is trendy, but I love the gloss on mine.
Ford Bronco XPEL Ceramic Coating + XPEL  Ultimate Plus PPF Applied Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 12.29.22 PM

Girard215

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500. Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can the hardtop be ceramic coated?

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can the hardtop be ceramic coated?
Timely question, and likely something that will receive mixed responses.

I just went to my local ceramic coating place that did my Bronco. They mentioned with my new hard top they wouldn't ceramic coat it. Couple reasons: 1) They don't know how the "film" that's on it would interact or bond with the ceramic coating. 2) If they tried to remove that coating, they can't guarantee they would do so evenly or without damaging the top. 3) They said applying the ceramic coating to a large non-painted surface, like a hard top, is very difficult to properly blend - It's not easy like it is on a painted surface. They said they could coat small non-painted areas, like a fender flare, but not an entire hard top.

I appreciated their honestly, and I know some places would just do it and make a quick buck, but I trust these guys.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Recently had a Mustang covered with Xpel stealth for $3k, seems like getting the Bronco done for $3k would be a good deal based on the prices I am seeing here. I might just do it.
Sponsored