Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have full Xpel Ultra Plus PPF on my Wildtrak. So, Immediately, I ordered the rinse-free car wash from Xpel per their recommendation. It did just fine, but the process is just a bit cumbersome imo; Especially when I get to the Tires and wheels. I think it's perfect for the hard top and I will continue to use it for that, but I'm looking to hear what everyone is using for their wash setup outside of this option? I've read a lot on Chemical Guys, but their catalog of products is quite overwhelming. I Look forward to your comments. cheers!
Sponsored

dmhalka

Badlands
First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still waiting, finally got a production date. But was thinking about doing the PPF as I've heard how much of a beating these things take from road debris. Overall, what's been you experience? Did you do full or partial coverage? Anything you would do differently? Do you mind sharing the costs? Thanks,

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Didn’t go with XPEL, but rather Hexis BodyFence Satin

So far, I haven’t put any effort into cleaning the body itself - just rinse with water and dry with some soft towels

Last edited:

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't even know I had an xPEL ppf... is it serious ?

OP
OP

rootster

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm still waiting, finally got a production date. But was thinking about doing the PPF as I've heard how much of a beating these things take from road debris. Overall, what's been you experience? Did you do full or partial coverage? Anything you would do differently? Do you mind sharing the costs? Thanks,
I did full coverage. so far, so good. I would recommend making sure you use an experienced installer. Don't think my guy has done it a ton, but did a pretty good job. Taking it back Tuesday for some touch up items(bubbles and a couple of edges) Cost was about $3500.

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have full Xpel Ultra Plus PPF on my Wildtrak. So, Immediately, I ordered the rinse-free car wash from Xpel per their recommendation. It did just fine, but the process is just a bit cumbersome imo; Especially when I get to the Tires and wheels. I think it's perfect for the hard top and I will continue to use it for that, but I'm looking to hear what everyone is using for their wash setup outside of this option? I've read a lot on Chemical Guys, but their catalog of products is quite overwhelming. I Look forward to your comments. cheers!
I use Purple Slice. It is amazing and cleans everything from windows to rims to paint.

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base

pequigah

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Ford F-150/Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Rooster I've had full XPEL PPF for a couple of months and since installation, I've only used Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine with an Ultra Black Sponge. So far I've had great results but I'll admit that it's not a huge timesaver from a traditional wash (just less messy).

If you have a ceramic coating applied on top of the PPF, the recommendation my detailer gave was to use the XPEL Ceramic Boost every 3-4 months instead of the typical quick detailer.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP

rootster

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Rooster I've had full XPEL PPF for a couple of months and since installation, I've only used Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine with an Ultra Black Sponge. So far I've had great results but I'll admit that it's not a huge timesaver from a traditional wash (just less messy).

If you have a ceramic coating applied on top of the PPF, the recommendation my detailer gave was to use the XPEL Ceramic Boost every 3-4 months instead of the typical quick detailer.

Hope that helps.
thanks! I have the ceramic boost as well even though I do not have ceramic as xpel recommends even without it. I feel the same as you about the no rinse as a frequent wash solution.
Sponsored