Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I looked at doing the whole truck with the Xpel Stealth a year ago and was quoted just under 10K for my 2DR.
in ATL, it comes around half the price with 10 year warranty from XPEL recommended partner. I will be getting my rig tomorrow after XPEL stealth wrap; will post some pictures.
Sponsored

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone explain what it means to get both ceramic coating and PPF? Do you get the PPF first and then ceramic coating on top? When I spoke to one of the PPF shops they recommended against that because they said it would mess with the gel coating that comes on newer XPEL film. Does that sound right?

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone explain what it means to get both ceramic coating and PPF? Do you get the PPF first and then ceramic coating on top? When I spoke to one of the PPF shops they recommended against that because they said it would mess with the gel coating that comes on newer XPEL film. Does that sound right?
You don’t usually do both on an area. The PPF likely won’t stick over ceramic coating. PPF will protect better from rocks and branches; ceramic will be much easier to wash and get debris off (like mud).

You should be able to ceramic coat over PPF, but can't confirm that. The place that did mine did ceramic coat over my vinyl wrap, so I assume PPF could be covered as well.

Last edited:

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You first prep the paint and remove swirls and paint imperfections. Even right from the dealership the paint can be corrected. Then PPF, then ceramic on top of the PPF. I've done every vehicle I've purchased over the last 10 yrs and can positively say the protection and benefits of ceramic have been incredible. When you foam canon wash your vehicle the benefits of the ceramic coating really come into play.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 063340.png

Screenshot 2024-02-15 063455.png

Screenshot 2024-02-15 063721.png

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had full XPEL PPF now for almost 3 years on mine and its amazing. No issues. The self healing part is terrific. No more pinstriping. I know the stealth is trendy, but I love the gloss on mine.
Ford Bronco XPEL Ceramic Coating + XPEL  Ultimate Plus PPF Applied Screenshot 2024-02-15 063721
Wow! That looks incredible! The only way my Bronco would ever look that way is if someone else owned? LOL

Sponsored

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You first prep the paint and remove swirls and paint imperfections. Even right from the dealership the paint can be corrected. Then PPF, then ceramic on top of the PPF. I've done every vehicle I've purchased over the last 10 yrs and can positively say the protection and benefits of ceramic have been incredible. When you foam canon wash your vehicle the benefits of the ceramic coating really come into play.

Ford Bronco XPEL Ceramic Coating + XPEL  Ultimate Plus PPF Applied Screenshot 2024-02-15 063721

Do you do your own work or have a shop? I'm in CT and looking for a shop for work.

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Do you do your own work or have a shop? I'm in CT and looking for a shop for work.
What type of work. I don't personally have a shop but have some really great recommendations for upgrades and also for exterior enhancements. PM if you want.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a shop in Stratford. We do ceramic coating, window tint, PPF. Please PM me and let me know what I can help you with.

BrowniesBD

Black Diamond
First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got them wrapped (PPF) at AP3 - Phenomenal Service.
https://www.xpelatl.com/
If you're in ATL/GA, you should totally check them out!
Placed the BD Stock sticker down for now after applying the PPF as I am planning to get the Classic Bronco fender sticker

Ford Bronco XPEL Ceramic Coating + XPEL  Ultimate Plus PPF Applied IMG-20240215-WA0010

Ford Bronco XPEL Ceramic Coating + XPEL  Ultimate Plus PPF Applied IMG-20240215-WA0008

Ford Bronco XPEL Ceramic Coating + XPEL  Ultimate Plus PPF Applied IMG-20240215-WA0009

Ford Bronco XPEL Ceramic Coating + XPEL  Ultimate Plus PPF Applied IMG-20240215-WA0010

MikeOU

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Taking my 2022 Badlands Sasquatch in today to get full Xpel Stealth PPF including the roll bar for right around $7k in Oklahoma. Shop I'm going with includes Xpel Fusion Ceramic coating as part of the install (or you could get Xpel ceramic window tint). They are the largest Xpel installer in Oklahoma so looking forward to final product.
Picked up on Friday after full PPF with Xpel Stealth and Xpel Fusion Satin Ceramic Coating. The ceramic coating was a "bonus" at no charge over the quote for the PPF. Yeah I know the factor it in, but still nice to not have an add on charge for the ceramic coating.

Really happy with the finished product. Changed the color just enough and definitely has the matte finish. Xpel Stealth warranty is 10 years so should be minimal chips and pinstriping.

White Glove Auto in Tulsa (Bixby) for anyone interested. Right at $7k but I had full vehicle wrap including the grill and the roll bar was done in clear/gloss. Would have been about $500 less without the roll bar.

Ford Bronco XPEL Ceramic Coating + XPEL  Ultimate Plus PPF Applied b27ce7b6-fad2-406b-bd44-2bc13a5a1646

Sponsored

BrianH

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Essence Motorsports in Laguna Hills. EXCELLENT and extremely well priced. I got it done immediately upon delivery 13 months ago and it saved my bacon on multiple overgrown trails.

These pics are when they did it last year. You can see things one year as I just posted my rig in the Builds section.

Ford Bronco XPEL Ceramic Coating + XPEL  Ultimate Plus PPF Applied b27ce7b6-fad2-406b-bd44-2bc13a5a1646

Looks really nice - did they wrap the door handles in a matte black? Also, how did they do the rear door hinges? - thanks

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This thread just happened to pop up in my feed the day after I filmed this. Just a short review on my Xpel over 2 years in with heavy pinstriping action:

KermitBronco

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks really nice - did they wrap the door handles in a matte black? Also, how did they do the rear door hinges? - thanks
I'm pretty obsessive about things and you can see my build on the "Builds" page.

For all of the "plastic" I use Turtle Wax Graphene Acrylic Trim Restorer (with gloves on) which makes everything a nice deep black. At events, it is the #1 question I get asked on why my roof is such a deep, matte black instead of gray. Plus, when the mirrors get pinstriped, it restores them back.

As for the door hinges, I run the RTS reinforcement because of 37" and they have black hinges. Essence Motorsports don't recommend things with a lot of angles - for instance, they suggested not doing the inside of the back door and one year later, I agree.

Inside and out, I want an understated and highly functional design. Xpel Stealth does both very well.

Ford Bronco XPEL Ceramic Coating + XPEL  Ultimate Plus PPF Applied ElSegundo@KermitBronco-12

Ford Bronco XPEL Ceramic Coating + XPEL  Ultimate Plus PPF Applied ElSegundo@KermitBronco-3

BrianH

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm pretty obsessive about things and you can see my build on the "Builds" page.

For all of the "plastic" I use Turtle Wax Graphene Acrylic Trim Restorer (with gloves on) which makes everything a nice deep black. At events, it is the #1 question I get asked on why my roof is such a deep, matte black instead of gray. Plus, when the mirrors get pinstriped, it restores them back.

As for the door hinges, I run the RTS reinforcement because of 37" and they have black hinges. Essence Motorsports don't recommend things with a lot of angles - for instance, they suggested not doing the inside of the back door and one year later, I agree.

Inside and out, I want an understated and highly functional design. Xpel Stealth does both very well.

Ford Bronco XPEL Ceramic Coating + XPEL  Ultimate Plus PPF Applied ElSegundo@KermitBronco-3

Thanks for the detailed response. I’m considering the Xpel stealth over the Eruption Green and the cargo door hinges are painted green and the installer is not sure if we can wrap them. I’m trying to see how others faced this one that used the stealth.

MikeOU

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the detailed response. I’m considering the Xpel stealth over the Eruption Green and the cargo door hinges are painted green and the installer is not sure if we can wrap them. I’m trying to see how others faced this one that used the stealth.
I just got mine back on Friday from a full Xpel Stealth PPF wrap. My hinges have the PPF on them. If the installer uses a plotter to cut the film per the template, then they should get the pieces for the hinges. Picture below is from Xpel's website showing the plotter layout for the rear tailgate. The lines in the middle and under the handle are where there are splices in the film to make everything fit. You don't see the splices with the spare and handle on.

Your installer should know there is a template available for the plotter to cut everything out.

Ford Bronco XPEL Ceramic Coating + XPEL  Ultimate Plus PPF Applied P0509T-US_00
Sponsored