Sponsored

Considering PPF (paint protection film) and/or Ceramic coating. Thoughts?

Ladyinbluebronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love the look as it really stands out. By pinstriping I’m referring to the stripes you can get when driving off-road and scraping along brush or small limbs. I’ve heard the matte film doesn’t self heal quite as well as the clear, do you have experience around this? Thanks for your info! John
Ok. Gotcha. I do not have any experience with the matte having those specific issues. I have put over 16,000 miles on mine since March. Mostly interstate and country roads. Still looks great.
PPF does what it’s supposed to. Protects the paint. I’m an installer and replace them mostly in bodyshops. I’ve seen them come in all tore up but the paint was perfectly in tact.
Granted you have to replace the film, but that’s way cheaper than repainting a bumper.
And a big plus, insurance companies pay to have these replaced
Go with what you like and enjoy your Bronco. If you still are not sure then I’d consider what’s called track wrap PPF. Its temporary, thicker and specific to protect higher prone areas.
Sponsored

bronco_billy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I assume ceramic on the MIC hard top and plastic fender flares is a good thing and won’t harm anything? I’m going to get ceramic and was quoted all plastic trim and the hard top too, so just want to make sure I’m not causing more harm than good. Thank you.
Just had my truck done a couple of weeks ago. Top/fender flares/bumpers/mud flaps/wheel fronts/steps/everything! It's the way to go along with the wrap. This stuff is amazing and makes cleaning a breeze.

Desert Rider

First Edition
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1999 Super Duty, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any recommendations for PPF and coating shops in Albuquerque?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Have you driven it by overhanging brush and how did the PPF do vs the Ceramic?

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m going to PPF the front end and the front of the hood, I’ll ceramic coat the rest. As an FYI ceramic coating provides no protection whatsoever to the paint. What it’s nice for is that it keeps your car looking shiny, dirt doesn’t stick so it looks cleaner longer and you can rinse dirt off with a hose, it’s essentially a permanent wax but I recommended it, I love it.

Life hack. Do the ceramic yourself for pennies compared to a shops charge. It’ll take you 4-6 hours and work really well. The shops have a different grade of stuff but it doesn’t matter. I did it to my car and it still is going strong 2 years later.
So did you leave the PPF uncoated? I have the factory-installed Ford PPF on the front portion of the hood and side panels. I plan to add Gyeon Pure Evo ceramic coating in the near future and I've read that only PPF-specific ceramic can only be applied to PPF! I have PPF-specific polish, but polishing near the PPF edge has me is another issue!

Sponsored

BroncoBill65

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hyundai Tucson Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm getting mine done with XPEL next month...Complete hood, grill, A Pillar, fender flares and bottom quarter of the doors. I'm doing the ceramic myself like I have done with my other vehicles in the past...a couple coats of a good quality graphene ceramic. Takes a while but worth it.

OP
OP
RynoRanger

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume ceramic on the MIC hard top and plastic fender flares is a good thing and won’t harm anything? I’m going to get ceramic and was quoted all plastic trim and the hard top too, so just want to make sure I’m not causing more harm than good. Thank you.
they did all mine. should be fine.

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Local Company just quoted 6500 for full PPF coating of STEK Dynoshield film with a 10 Year warranty, Is that what's expected or what you guys have seen?

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Local Company just quoted 6500 for full PPF coating of STEK Dynoshield film with a 10 Year warranty, Is that what's expected or what you guys have seen?
I only got PPF on my front end/hood area, but I do know PPF on the whole vehicle is very expensive and have heard in the $6k ballpark.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Question….so I didn’t put my new badges on before I got my ceramic coating as I didn’t receive them in time. I’m ready to install the badges now, but ceramic coating is now done. Obviously the ceramic is meant to repel things from sticking, so what should I do to prepare the area for new badges to stick with 3M? Just alcohol, or should I be trying to remove a small portion of the ceramic first? Or does none of this mater and I’m just over thinking it? Thank you.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
SO this thread got a little kick... I'll update.

I ended up getting the best xpel 10mm blah blah whatever stuff on the front and hood and front fenders. {insert full frontal joke here}. Then I had them do full ceramic coat on everything, hard top, windows, etc etc etc etc. And they did tint... here in Phoenix the sun is absolutely relentless so I just did the best IR blocking tint they had and put a dark strip on the top of my windshield and the windshield got a light layer just to help block IR.

All in all... that was like $5K + uncle sam out the door.
I've also purchased better wash equipment, power washer, foam canon, very expensive microfiber towel, bucket sediment plastic thingy, all the shit. lol. Figured.... up my washing game and my truck and the wife's car will benefit.

The really cool thing was out on the trail one day I hit a massive muddy water hole and for the next 15 min just watched the beads of dirty water roll across my hood as I traversed rocks lol.
Nice,your washing game will go back to normal in a few months. Honeymoon period makes people treat cars like good china,it will stop. Lol

OP
OP
RynoRanger

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice,your washing game will go back to normal in a few months. Honeymoon period makes people treat cars like good china,it will stop. Lol
.....weeeellll yeah... I mean I did all that addon work right away because I know I'm not going to wash and baby is all the time... in fact I've literally never washed it (regardless of buying aaaaalll that 'touchless' wash stuff) since I've got it... powerwashed her down a handful of times and monsoon rains have helped here and there but... I took care of her right off the bat because I know i'm not about to sit outside in 100+ direct sunlight trying to wash this thing every other week. nope.
I'll give her a bath when I can be outside and not die in 15 min.

SasquatchMansquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went with partial PPF on mine. I also added windshield protection film from grab-gard.com.

Then I put ceramic pro over all of it. It makes cleaning so much easier.

cbratch

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not the OP, but I have nearly full PPF (LLumar Valor) on everything but the tailgate. I have been real happy with it, I have seen pinstriping disappear. I'm in KC if you are near and need an installer, I can make a good recommendation. They also put an ExoShield window film on with the PPF. I didn't go with the matte PPF from LLumar because I have Velocity Blue and didn't want to lose the pop of the color.
I’m near KC. Who do you recommend?

Holiday

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m near KC. Who do you recommend?
I used Clear Vision Auto Protection. Still very happy with the decision and the work they did!
Sponsored