Sponsored

PPF - Paint Protection Film inquiry/experiences?

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,

Considering adding a PPF to my Shadow Black 2 door 2023 Badlands.

Post up some of your photos/experiences, and the brand/type and cost.

in Canada (BC) the trails are tight, and as much as Shadow Black has the clear coat, Pinstripes would be inevitable. I’ll use limb risers, but considering PPF for the whole vehicle, (or maybe limit to painted surfaces) and skip the Mic.

Any suggestions, or experiences from others? I was considering a clear PPF, but will it look like shit? - and be better off going black gloss/or matte black on the whole thing? Heard of Expel/Suntec

Post up and share your PPF experiences/cost etc!

(a bit of a double post since I made a thread in a maintenance/detailing section, but this would still count as an exterior mod).
Sponsored

WhiskeyCity

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.3L, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco PPF - Paint Protection Film inquiry/experiences? Stealth LH

XPel Stealth over Carb Gray. I absolutely love it. It's very durable & comes with a 10-year warranty so if you want to go clear, you should. It's not going to crack, get cloudy or yellow. If it does, it's covered. Any XPel dealer can service it if you have any issues/need to replace a panel. It was about $6k* USD but pricing varies depending on location. Go to XPel's website for dealers near you.

Good luck!

WC

*~Edit~ Price was actually $6k (I forgot about the $G I put down)

Last edited:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco PPF - Paint Protection Film inquiry/experiences? Stealth LH

XPel Stealth over Carb Gray. I absolutely love it. It's very durable & comes with a 10-year warranty so if you want to go clear, you should. It's not going to crack, get cloudy or yellow. If it does, it's covered. Any XPel dealer can service it if you have any issues/need to replace a panel. It was about $5k USD but pricing varies depending on location. Go to XPel's website for dealers near you.

Good luck!

WC
10 year warranty, that's interesting. The life of the material I had heard was only 4-5 years. That durability wouldn't be worth the money, but maybe 10 years...

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d post a picture but currently it’s still covered in dirt from last Sunday. Need to wash it this weekend . But in general because of the trails I typically go on here in Southern California , there’s a lot of overgrown brush and branches so it has definitely kept me from getting pin stripes. For what I do, it’s been well worth it.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have used Xpel,3m,SunTek. I think Xpel is the best. My Shelby GT500 is 100% covered in Xpel.

7721339A-66A4-423D-B02A-CF0210A6B1B2.jpeg

Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love the xpel stuff I got. I got a partial setup. Front portions of the hood and fenders and the lower parts of the doors.

But the installer was so inept I couldn’t believe he stays in business…

Nogame24

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have clear expel from the back doors forward on everything. Love it and so happy I got it. My advice is the film is the same between shops (assuming same line and brand) but what you want to pay attention to is the installer. The installer will make or break how good it looks. I found a one man shop that really spent his time laying mine instead of a bigger shop that could turn the car in 1-2 days.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I did Xpel 8mm clear gloss and quite pleased with how it turned out. 10 year warranty and I added a full ceramic too. Protects the plastics and the wheels too.

Took a full week.

Pictures don’t really do it justice.

Ford Bronco PPF - Paint Protection Film inquiry/experiences? out_230711_14807037217_16028853166_bw__17347_1689092304-1

Ford Bronco PPF - Paint Protection Film inquiry/experiences? IMG_6358

Ford Bronco PPF - Paint Protection Film inquiry/experiences? IMG_6357

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Autobahn Starke on the pic of the 2 door below we did and Xpel on mine (4door) The Autobahn is more of a matte finish and less yellow. You have to see in person. I will most likely be removing the Xpel and installing the Autobahn Starke. Looks so much better in person. Both have a 10 year warranty. What part of Canada are you in? I know some fellow dealers of Autobahn that can help you out.

IMG_9348.jpeg

IMG_9309.jpeg

IMG_9308.jpeg

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From a picture prospective what looks better

1. Or 2.

IMG_9309.jpeg

IMG_9308.jpeg

Sponsored

bravely

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
3490 s leonard rd, new palestine in 46163
Vehicle(s)
1973 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,

Considering adding a PPF to my Shadow Black 2 door 2023 Badlands.

Post up some of your photos/experiences, and the brand/type and cost.

in Canada (BC) the trails are tight, and as much as Shadow Black has the clear coat, Pinstripes would be inevitable. I’ll use limb risers, but considering PPF for the whole vehicle, (or maybe limit to painted surfaces) and skip the Mic.

Any suggestions, or experiences from others? I was considering a clear PPF, but will it look like shit? - and be better off going black gloss/or matte black on the whole thing? Heard of Expel/Suntec

Post up and share your PPF experiences/cost etc!

(a bit of a double post since I made a thread in a maintenance/detailing section, but this would still count as an exterior mod).
2 dr BL. I did a complete clear xpel for $4k including paint correction. For me, its my last vehicle and always garaged. I expect it to look good for a long time to come. No waxing, easy to wash, no chips etc plus a bonus of not worrying about minor incidences.

Constraints

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco PPF - Paint Protection Film inquiry/experiences? IMG_9308

XPel Stealth over Carb Gray. I absolutely love it. It's very durable & comes with a 10-year warranty so if you want to go clear, you should. It's not going to crack, get cloudy or yellow. If it does, it's covered. Any XPel dealer can service it if you have any issues/need to replace a panel. It was about $6k* USD but pricing varies depending on location. Go to XPel's website for dealers near you.

Good luck!

WC

*~Edit~ Price was actually $6k (I forgot about the $G I put down)
Does the badge emblem go back on?

WhiskeyCity

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the badge emblem go back on?
I asked them to leave it off. They put them on release paper and I reapplied them to the rear window, bottom RH corner.

Constraints

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I asked them to leave it off. They put them on release paper and I reapplied them to the rear window, bottom RH corner.
I’m thinking of going with xpel stealth but I also have the wildtrak side body graphic. Do you think that will have to be removed?

WhiskeyCity

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m thinking of going with xpel stealth but I also have the wildtrak side body graphic. Do you think that will have to be removed?
I'm not an expert but I would say yes.
Sponsored