Sponsored

PPF or ceramic coating - Did you have either done, and how much did it cost?

rkgsx

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm getting crazy high quotes here in NJ for PPF
Sponsored

lethaljake

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Paint correct and ceramic coat will do the job! Dependent on condition on paint and such, avg cost should be around $1000-$1200. If you wanted to do PPF, start little by little after that. PPF the most important parts and work your way through the whole truck. For example, start with maybe the hood, mirrors, front bumper etc..

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Paint correct and ceramic coat will do the job! Dependent on condition on paint and such, avg cost should be around $1000-$1200. If you wanted to do PPF, start little by little after that. PPF the most important parts and work your way through the whole truck. For example, start with maybe the hood, mirrors, front bumper etc..
Did it exactly the same in Seattle. Didn't want to pay 5k. Polish and ceramic $1200. PPF on hood, front fenders, grille, windshield surround/pillars $800. I have Shadow Black so I was told if it doesn't get ceramic and the front protected it will drive me crazy trying to keep it nice. Recommend using someone that is experienced and highly rated don't try and save a few dollars mine has a 10 yr warranty with the PPF self healing.

lethaljake

First Edition
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did it exactly the same in Seattle. Didn't want to pay 5k. Polish and ceramic $1200. PPF on hood, front fenders, grille, windshield surround/pillars $800. I have Shadow Black so I was told if it doesn't get ceramic and the front protected it will drive me crazy trying to keep it nice. Recommend using someone that is experienced and highly rated don't try and save a few dollars mine has a 10 yr warranty with the PPF self healing.
Right on! And on black especially, definitely good to get it done sooner than later! Haha.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm doing my own, Adams ceramic and PPF just on the front of the hood and if I have enough (or it was as easy to apply as I think it will be) I'll do around the lights.
PPF (as any wrap) has a limited life span and for that I find it way too expensive. I'm not even convinced it will really help against rocks.
I'm also not paying someone to claybar and apply ceramic, just waiting for it to warm up a bit more outside and I'll spend a couple hours getting to know my Bronco.

plus, it's not some exotic supercar I plan to show around at car shows, it'll get scratches and dings off road soon enough.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Right on! And on black especially, definitely good to get it done sooner than later! Haha.
I had the grille painted shadow black as well with black matte letters so I know it will show every chip and scratch if I didn't get it wrapped. It should just self heal in the sun or hot water. Stuff is crazy. Installer rubbed a wire golf brush across the hood of his sports car and put some really good scratches on it. Poured hot water on it and good as new.

lethaljake

First Edition
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had the grille painted shadow black as well with black matte letters so I know it will show every chip and scratch if I didn't get it wrapped. It should just self heal in the sun or hot water. Stuff is crazy. Installer rubbed a wire golf brush across the hood of his sports car and put some really good scratches on it. Poured hot water on it and good as new.
Amazing! And that's what you pay for, the peace of mind knowing you'd be just fine!

Dwillisbronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got a quote last week.
For XPel clear - $3,100
For XPel stealth - $ 4,600

Edit: Thats for the Full Body

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm doing my own, Adams ceramic and PPF just on the front of the hood and if I have enough (or it was as easy to apply as I think it will be) I'll do around the lights.
PPF (as any wrap) has a limited life span and for that I find it way too expensive. I'm not even convinced it will really help against rocks.
I'm also not paying someone to claybar and apply ceramic, just waiting for it to warm up a bit more outside and I'll spend a couple hours getting to know my Bronco
They also have the hood guard for the front if you don't wrap it aero something... I would recommend wrapping the full hood if you do it and lines or cuts will eventually get dirt trapped underneath.

jatt143

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRaptor, C63s, Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I got a few quotes myself yesterday,

PPF Full Body Range from 4500 to 9800 ( Depending on shop and material type xpel is more)
PPF both fender and hood is around $1200
Windshield PF around $450 to $600

Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just got a quote last week.
For XPel clear - $3,100
For XPel stealth - $ 4,600
That's pretty good. Wonder why stealth is more it is just matte texture vs clear. Pista film solutions in burien wa quoted me the same for either finish. They have a cool instagram with some Broncos they have done.

Joe Brony

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape :(
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Xpel stealth in NJ about $6k

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CJ1064

Badlands
First Name
Clifford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you tried Detail Doctor in Red Bank NJ? They told me the Bronco would be cheaper given they don't have to do the top and the winter is the slow season. Felt like they would negotiate a little bit.

Dwillisbronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outerbanks 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's pretty good. Wonder why stealth is more it is just matte texture vs clear. Pista film solutions in burien wa quoted me the same for either finish. They have a cool instagram with some Broncos they have done.
Not sure why the cost difference

He did mention they use XPEL and 3M. He said the XPEL has a 10 year warranty and have been a great company to work with. He also said there are some other products that are being used by local shops but it does not hold up and not as good warranty like XPEL and 3M
Sponsored