Sponsored

Pre-collision almost stopped me on an empty road. Dashboard lights up *Small Update*

MattAttack85

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX and 23 Jeep JLU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On the way home from dinner tonight with the wife, I was going about 45 with no one in front of me. All of a sudden I felt like the left front brake started to grab and the guage cluster lit up with "Pre-collision Assist Not Available, Antilock Brake Fault and Service Advance Trac" faults. It only grabbed for a second, but then the speed was reading 15mph on my speedo and I was still going at least 40 according to Waze. Once I stopped, the speed read correctly. I had about a mile to the house, so I brought it home.

I haven't seen this one come up yet. I'm about 2,300 miles and 26 days into ownership now... So I thought I was in the clear for some of the faults I've seen on this site... 😞 Guess not.

I'll probably drop it off at the dealer tomorrow. Will update as I find anything out.
Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife drove mine up to Michigan, near end of the trip I (already in Michigan) got an alert on my phone saying "pre-collision not available" so I called her fearing the worst. She was okay nothing happened. Just a beep and a notification... 🤷🏻‍♂️ I'm thinking a bug splattered on the sensor.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I'm not mistaken, Wranglers had a big issue with their Ford sensing system. And some adjustments had to be made.

I swear, it's like Ford never built a modern vehicle before. So glad everyone is safe.

I swear to God, I think I'd call a lawyer if my phone told me my Bronco was in a crash and it turned out to be faulty software. Talk about undo stress.

OP
OP
MattAttack85

MattAttack85

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX and 23 Jeep JLU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Took it to the dealer and they are telling me it needs a "tone sensor". I don't have anything in writing yet because I guess it's still an open work order so they had nothing to give me. But they said I could take it home until the part comes in. Even though no lights are indicating a problem anymore, they said that my ABS and pre-collision systems are not working. I'd rather it sit in my driveway waiting on a part than at the dealership. 🤷‍♂️ I have my F150 I can drive, so I'm not too concerned.

They're also going to fix my roof seal (it wasn't leaking water, but it really sounds like excessive wind noise. I don't feel air coming in though) and the whistling noise. Just waiting on parts!
Sponsored