Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford F-350 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey y'all: So now that the lucky among us are starting to take delivery and putting some miles on their rigs, it occurs to me that there have been a number of things that those of us who will be picking up trucks from the dealer in the coming months should be keeping an eye out for when our vehicles make it to the lot. In other words, a pre-delivery self-QC before signing the paperwork and driving off the lot.

I have a mental list going, but figure it might be good to crowdsource a bit. Here's what I have so far:
  • Unpainted parts: check tailgate, inside of gas door, inside edges of doors/hood
  • MIC exterior: check for gaps between panels, delamination at edges, seated seals, "honeycombing", mismatched panel color/texture.
  • MIC interior: Ensure all latches present. Ensure sound deadening installed.
  • Rear window strut: ensure firmly attached at both ends, no loose epoxy
  • Clamps & zip ties: check hoses, electrical cable bundles, HVAC ducts
  • Exterior paint: check for haze, swirls, chips
  • Hood: proper alignment at edges all along the length of hood, with no dips. Also check alignment from head-on.
  • Upholstery: color/material matches throughout
  • Fuse box: ensure 3x bolts tight
  • Body panels: aligned w/o gaps
  • Side Mirrors: no whistling at highway speeds (if so, dealer should replace mirror cover per Ford bulletin).
  • Windows: properly drop when door is opened—should not catch on roof seals.
  • MT Transmission: listen for unusual noise when shifting out of neutral (possible throw-out bearing issue).
  • Odometer: check for excessive mileage
  • Price Protection: see here (e.g. Base should get a certificate for $800)
  • FordPass points
Any others? My hope is to have a list I can print out and bring with me on that glorious day when I go to pick up my long-awaited truck.

Note: I've been critical of Ford on this forum from time to time, but this is not at all meant to be a gripe-fest. We obviously all like something about Ford, and LOVE a lot of things about the Bronco. Consider this a cooperative effort by us early adopters, the hardest-dying of the die-hard fans, to work with our dealers and FoMoCo to get out ahead of some of the growing pains that any innovative, brand-new vehicle would face (especially in a pandemic). So keep it positive, please. Also, hat tip to @bobbib for the inspiration and some list items :)
Also look for fine scratches or paint swirls on hood etc. saw a picture of a ford employee using a bronco hood with snow on it as a work bench
Ford Bronco Pre-Delivery Self-QC Checklist 585E2AB7-538B-4790-BE2C-B56EF716F1DB