Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I visited my Dealer GM today, and went over all the items I posted i posted in my list. Right off the bat he said, "Send it over to me and I will have my guys use it during PDI". He assured me "No ADM, I don't treat my customers that way".

Big shout-out to Frontier Ford in Anacortes, WA.
Done.
Hey neighbor!
im in Burlington!
My Bronco was built as, picking up in a few weeks.
we will have to get the herd together sometime!
Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great list. I'll be sending this to my guy when mine comes in :D

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey neighbor!
im in Burlington!
My Bronco was built as, picking up in a few weeks.
we will have to get the herd together sometime!
ABSOLUTELY!! Be safe driving back cross country. Use the OCD (Owners Checklist for Delivery) when you accept it. Take pics of issues. List is on Page 1 or 2 of this thread.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Cat and OP, Thanks for pulling this together. I have converted this into a Google sheet and sorted/categorized these items. I will be using it today when I take delivery of my FE. I hope everyone is able to take advantage of this going forward. As more items appear, please add them to the appropriate category and keep this for future forum members/bronco owners.

Maybe a Mod and make this a sticky post.
GoogleSheet Link

@2ndGenBroncoOwner...well? How did it go today accepting YOUR NEW BRONCO??!! How effective was the OCD (Owners Checklist for Delivery)?

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't mind at all. I was just dumbfounded that it could escape the plant like that. The picture is a point of record, and I haven't been nasty about this, just factual and honest.

Also, @Cat, you can add windshield washer spray and front parking sensors to the list. I just went to wash my windshield while out on a quick drive, and I can hear the washer pumping, but no spray -- and before anyone asks, the reservoir is full of washer fluid.

I'm getting a sense that I may need to assemble a "hit list" for the dealer and book a week-long stay with their mechanic.

I guess this is what a warranty is for, but this isn't going to be cheap for Ford.

Problems happen when you assemble cars, and an occasional lemon emerges (I know this because I had a 2017 JK Wrangler that was bought back by Chrysler after 45 days in the shop with only 374 miles on the odometer). If it can happen with a product that had produced hundreds of thousands over nearly 10 years, it's certainly going to happen with a brand new product. The concerning thing is, the high number of quality issues -- including some blatantly ignored -- that we seem to be seeing.
Windshield Wiper spray issue added to OCD. THNX

Sponsored

2ndGenBroncoOwner

First Edition
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@2ndGenBroncoOwner...well? How did it go today accepting YOUR NEW BRONCO??!! How effective was the OCD (Owners Checklist for Delivery)?
incredibly useful. I am friends with the owner of the dealership, so that helped. I knew about a door ding in the rear passenger side, but everything else went fine. they are ordering a replacement hood graphic from ford for the FE.
Ford Bronco Pre-Delivery Self-QC Checklist IMG_8733.JPG

OP
OP
texashoya

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ABSOLUTELY!! Be safe driving back cross country. Use the OCD (Owners Checklist for Delivery) when you accept it. Take pics of issues. List is on Page 1 or 2 of this thread.
Lol @ “OCD”!!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So here's a question for you all: many of us are picking up our Broncos from remote dealers. So you go over your Bronco with a fine tooth comb, documented with that dealer, and then drive it xxx miles home to where you will probably never come back to that same dealer.

So how does that work to get things fixed? Do they document it, put it in the system, and then when you go to the local dealer you tell them to look at all up?

JoJowick

Black Diamond
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What if any resolution was done with the Whistling mirrors? thanks for your outstanding list!!

Sponsored

Jmoder

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4, Chrysler convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Picked up my 2 door base on Saturday night. I got my 20,000 points today. They put in for the 42,000 and said I should have it in a few weeks. I asked about the 11,000 and the 1,100 and they had no idea. Also, the $1,000 customer appreciation funds are at the discretion of the dealer.

With that said, the bronco is awesome and my dealer didn't charge a markup.

DetailsMatter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340IX M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious. Have you heard anything more from Ford executives?

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey y'all: So now that the lucky among us are starting to take delivery and putting some miles on their rigs, it occurs to me that there have been a number of things that those of us who will be picking up trucks from the dealer in the coming months should be keeping an eye out for when our vehicles make it to the lot. In other words, a pre-delivery self-QC before signing the paperwork and driving off the lot.

I have a mental list going, but figure it might be good to crowdsource a bit. Here's what I have so far:
  • Unpainted parts: check tailgate, inside of gas door, inside edges of doors/hood
  • MIC exterior: check for gaps between panels, delamination at edges, seated seals, "honeycombing", mismatched panel color/texture.
  • MIC interior: Ensure all latches present. Ensure sound deadening installed.
  • Rear window strut: ensure firmly attached at both ends, no loose epoxy
  • Clamps & zip ties: check hoses, electrical cable bundles, HVAC ducts
  • Exterior paint: check for haze, swirls, chips
  • Hood: proper alignment at edges all along the length of hood, with no dips. Also check alignment from head-on.
  • Upholstery: color/material matches throughout
  • Fuse box: ensure 3x bolts tight
  • Body panels: aligned w/o gaps
  • Side Mirrors: no whistling at highway speeds (if so, dealer should replace mirror cover per Ford bulletin).
  • Windows: properly drop when door is opened—should not catch on roof seals.
Any others? My hope is to have a list I can print out and bring with me on that glorious day when I go to pick up my long-awaited truck.

Note: I've been critical of Ford on this forum from time to time, but this is not at all meant to be a gripe-fest. We obviously all like something about Ford, and LOVE a lot of things about the Bronco. Consider this a cooperative effort by us early adopters, the hardest-dying of the die-hard fans, to work with our dealers and FoMoCo to get out ahead of some of the growing pains that any innovative, brand-new vehicle would face (especially in a pandemic). So keep it positive, please. Also, hat tip to @bobbib for the inspiration and some list items :)
@texashoya...printable list...

This is a Google Document. I update it frequently, so be sure to print/use it when you need it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bCKnGypjpN2g2Qz8UtEC1-eqGUeqm5g9fj0tdrady3E/edit?usp=sharing

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What if any resolution was done with the Whistling mirrors? thanks for your outstanding list!!
Service bulletion. I believe. Someone posted ab
@Cat and OP, Thanks for pulling this together. I have converted this into a Google sheet and sorted/categorized these items. I will be using it today when I take delivery of my FE. I hope everyone is able to take advantage of this going forward. As more items appear, please add them to the appropriate category and keep this for future forum members/bronco owners.

Maybe a Mod and make this a sticky post.
GoogleSheet Link

This is a Google Document. I update it frequently, so be sure to print/use it when you need it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bCKnGypjpN2g2Qz8UtEC1-eqGUeqm5g9fj0tdrady3E/edit?usp=sharing
Sponsored