First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's an interesting idea but I can't see those components being able to stand up to the exposure long term.
Sponsored

LQDCRJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F250 4X4 NOW, 1990 FORD BRONCO BEFORE THAT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WHERE DO I SEND MY MONEY? AND HOW SOON ARE WE LOOKING?

thattrue32

Badlands
First Name
Erny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1932 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello Bronco family,

Here are some photos of a new product we have been working on here at AGS Off-road. Introducing the Bronco Air-gate! We are looking to get some opinions from our customers. Would anyone be interested in a product like the one pictured below or would you rather have the mount built into a modular tailgate support? The version pictured below could be available for purchase much sooner than the modular tailgate support version. Both versions are still being tested and need your help to figure out which one to focus on more. Product pictured below is a proto-type and is not built to the same quality final production parts will be.

Thank you,
AGS Off-road
IMG_3181.jpg
IMG_3181.jpg
IMG_3182.jpg
IMG_3183.jpg
IMG_3184.jpg
IMG_3185.jpg
IMG_3186.jpg
IMG_3187.jpg
IMG_3188.jpg
IMG_3189.jpg
View attachment 383271
huge fan of this kit!

Padawan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How about water damage to the pump there?

Sponsored
OP
OP
AGSOFFROAD

AGSOFFROAD

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
agsoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We appreciate all of your questions, feedback and interest for our new compressor mount. We will try to answer the big questions here:

To start, the first launch of this line of products will be what you see in the pictures- the compressor mount, hardware, and a redesigned air chuck mount. Based on feedback we are receiving, we redesigned the air chuck mount to allow the user to choose the position of the air chuck- allowing different wheel sizes to be used.
A tailgate reinforcement with a fully integrated compressor mount is also in development, but is further away from being launched. If that is the product you are looking for, we would consider waiting for the launch of the tailgate reinforcement/compressor mount combo. Both the mount and tailgate reinforcer combo are no-drill, no-cut installations, and they do not affect the performance of the cab pressure relief.

The wiring for the compressor is going to be up to the user/installer. We will not be providing an additional wiring harness with this mount. The ARB switch has been bypassed and we used one of the factory AUX switches. ARB provides wiring instructions and we suggest following their instructions.

After a trial on our test vehicle, the air filters can be removed from the compressor within the mount with the spare tire removed. We plan on developing a filter relocation kit in the future.

We unfortunately are not able to give a price for this product yet- we are still working with suppliers to find the best value without compromising quality. We will keep the updates coming.

We appreciate everybody’s interest and we plan to launch this product very soon!

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We appreciate all of your questions, feedback and interest for our new compressor mount. We will try to answer the big questions here:

To start, the first launch of this line of products will be what you see in the pictures- the compressor mount, hardware, and a redesigned air chuck mount. Based on feedback we are receiving, we redesigned the air chuck mount to allow the user to choose the position of the air chuck- allowing different wheel sizes to be used.
A tailgate reinforcement with a fully integrated compressor mount is also in development, but is further away from being launched. If that is the product you are looking for, we would consider waiting for the launch of the tailgate reinforcement/compressor mount combo. Both the mount and tailgate reinforcer combo are no-drill, no-cut installations, and they do not affect the performance of the cab pressure relief.

The wiring for the compressor is going to be up to the user/installer. We will not be providing an additional wiring harness with this mount. The ARB switch has been bypassed and we used one of the factory AUX switches. ARB provides wiring instructions and we suggest following their instructions.

After a trial on our test vehicle, the air filters can be removed from the compressor within the mount with the spare tire removed. We plan on developing a filter relocation kit in the future.

We unfortunately are not able to give a price for this product yet- we are still working with suppliers to find the best value without compromising quality. We will keep the updates coming.

We appreciate everybody’s interest and we plan to launch this product very soon!
Did you have to run additional wiring to use the factory switches?

dj10024

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX SAS MIC 4dr, 1968 Bronco U15
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This looks like an awesome product. I went inside the cabin on a swing down table (JCR Offroad) on the swing gate. Mainly, because I live in OBX and wanted to protect the compressor and when airing up, have it outside. If I wasnt doing a permanent "hard" lines and tank, it would of been an excellent idea!

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So no answer about exposure to water?
Bummer.

If someone who already has their Bronco wants to test this, it wouldn't be hard to simulate how much water actually makes it back there.
Take it apart, but a small like sized cardboard box in that space. Put it back together.
Go to a carwash.
Come home, and take it apart and see how wet the box got.

I'm curious.

Sponsored

pstout

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford edge waiting on bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I love this but one question how are you getting the power to the compressor? let me know when it is available i would like to order.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So no answer about exposure to water?
Bummer.

If someone who already has their Bronco wants to test this, it wouldn't be hard to simulate how much water actually makes it back there.
Take it apart, but a small like sized cardboard box in that space. Put it back together.
Go to a carwash.
Come home, and take it apart and see how wet the box got.

I'm curious.
heres some info that in the thread, but you can always search the site of the manufacturer too.

https://arbusa.com/air-compressors/on-board-air-compressors/

• Integrated pressure switch, relays and IP55 (waterproof/dustproof) brushless fan cools electronics, motors and cylinder heads
  • Relocatable air filter assembly for cleaner, cooler air supply and versatile waterproof air intake positioning
if you go to google and search arb waterproof there are lots of threads and information on the subject. Quite a bit of reading and like anything conflicting info, but thats why I linked the factory sites.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
heres some info that in the thread, but you can always search the site of the manufacturer too.

https://arbusa.com/air-compressors/on-board-air-compressors/

if you go to google and search arb waterproof there are lots of threads and information on the subject. Quite a bit of reading and like anything conflicting info, but thats why I linked the factory sites.
I only found water resistant not water proof, which probably means you'll be driving around with a very expensive rusted up paper weight within 2 Years.
You posted water proof, but I couldn't find that, I'm not surprised, the internet is full of non answers.

But unless/ until someone can back this up, I'll let others spend their money.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's an interesting idea but I can't see those components being able to stand up to the exposure long term.
I’m thinking the same thing. Perhaps a shroud or something to minimize the rain water etc.