Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Pony, 99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UGH! Another Price Protection thread?!?

Yes, but - I searched and this may be different.
  • I reserved a 2-door Black Diamond on day 2.
  • In March, my "order" was placed on the 19th as priority 99 because I was waiting on the Mansquatch.
  • I went to Off-Roadeo in August of 2021, and decided I would buy a Badlands, but did not change the reservation.
  • My actual order was placed Oct. 8, 2021 (listed on the DORA).
  • According to Ford: Bronco Order Holder Frequently Asked Questions (ford.com) I am pretty sure I qualify for PP from the order date
Here's the question: How do I track the complete history of the reservation/order/actual order?
Sponsored

Swabodda

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Might find luck on Ford Chat.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
October 8th was after the order snapshot for price protection. You are covered, however it is for the Black Diamond that you had in your placeholder order. That certificate amount is lower than the one for the Badlands, so you miss out on a couple hundred I think. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.

OP
OP
They Call Me Bacon

They Call Me Bacon

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Pony, 99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's the way I read it. I just wanted to see if the dealer put it in as Badlands in March when the order was 99'd.

Sponsored
OP
OP
They Call Me Bacon

They Call Me Bacon

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Pony, 99 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I picked up my truck last night. Here's what I learned (and a weird thing that happened...):
1. The Price Protection is in Smart VINCENT. Your dealer has access to it. Show them this video:
2. Share this link to Ford's website showing what you are entitled to: https://www.ford.com/support/how-to... who placed an order prior to March 19, 2021?
3. The price protection is not a reduction from MSRP, but is a factory rebate. This means you will pay sales tax on the sales price before the protection kicks in. I did not know that factory rebates worked like this, but apparently it's how the system works.
4. Your dealer can apply the rebate to your sales contract, meaning the bottom line sales price is reduce by that amount.

What happened to me: Smart VINCENT was wrong. It showed the dealer $975, even when they checked the correct options as shown in the video. I was due $2,975. I tried using the Chat Now button on the Price Protection page, and they told me to contact my dealer for pricing info. I tried the chat button from My Account page on Ford.com, and I called Ford Marketing as directed.

The phone call was great. Each person I spoke with gave me the number to Ford Marketing (800) 392-3673 and said they were transferring me there now. After a brief computer voice prompt, I was connected to a person. Each person started the phone-number-transfer-IVR-transfer cycle over again. I got bored after #4 and quit the game.

Now the fun part. I was talking while completing the finance application and somehow wrote my zip code wrong. Instead of ending in 10, I wrote 11. When the finance manager was entering everything, he entered what I wrote. Amazingly, Smart VINCENT showed I was due $2,000! When they entered my info with the correct zip, it dropped back to $975. Weird.

In the end, the finance manager included the $975 into the deal that matched my actual zip code, and wrote up a second factory-direct rebate for the $2,000 to be paid to my by Ford using the second zip.

TL;DR: Smart Vincent had 2 accounts for the same VIN but with 2 different zip codes somehow and they both added up to the correct full Price Protection I was due.
Price Protection is a Factory Rebate.
The dealer can look it up, show it to you and include it in the deal.
Good dealers will reduce your sales price, others will make you wait for a check from Ford, terrible ones don't know how to use VINCENT and should not have Ford franchises.

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are all the options and add on’s price protected as well?
Sponsored