Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford Bronco Problem Installing Mabbet Front Flaps IMG_1006
Ford Bronco Problem Installing Mabbet Front Flaps IMG_1005

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The install bracket has a bend in it and that seems to make the mounting at an angle to the vehicle, not perpendicular. In addition to looking wrong, it also makes the interior mounting point about 2 inches from where it's supposed to connect. The bracket is the same for both sides, and there is no way to install it backwards. I've watched at least 5 videos on this and I seem to be the only one having a problem. The bracket was built with a bend, not really sure why. The fender is very stiff and I don't think I can bend it back, or want to. Any ideas? Thanks.
Sponsored

Pugsly

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just got done doing mine as well. The bar that the gold metal clips hook on to seemed to be bent a little outward, I had to bend mine in to make the hole above the crash bar actually fit.

Luckylat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Expedition, 2013 VW Wagon, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Almost everyone that bought them complained of bent brackets or re-driling holes. Unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that the Mabett parts are just pretty much junk. Even IAG is importing them and having QC problems. They are all made in the same factory in China then marketed on Amazon under 20 different names all with terrible reviews and customer service. People "swear" by them cause they just want cheap on Amazon.

Reactions: mdf
OP
OP

bluesun68

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
raptor, velar, f-type
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Almost everyone that bought them complained of bent brackets or re-driling holes. Unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that the Mabett parts are just pretty much junk. Even IAG is importing them and having QC problems. They are all made in the same factory in China then marketed on Amazon under 20 different names all with terrible reviews and customer service. People "swear" by them cause they just want cheap on Amazon.
I thought I read a lot of threads on here but I guess I missed the ones saying they didn't fit. Sigh.

Sponsored

mdf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just put all 4 on my base, and other than needing to buy longer push connector replacements for fronts, (Ace Hardware), it went ok. I could see where a bent bracket or misaligned hole would defeat the install, though. I honestly couldn't believe every hole lined up for me.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
IAG is buying from the same manufacturer. Same junk, different emblem.

FWIW, like others have said, their stuff is "close enough" for you to do the final modifications to have them fit.

The fronts will survive some rock crawling, the rears will simply snap under the bracket and you'll have 1/2 flaps.

mdf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
It looks like you may be installing too low. Let me see if I can upload screenshot of photo instructions.

Screenshot_20230330-152651.png
Sponsored