Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m having a couple problems with CarPlay and Spotify and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

One problem is not showing all saved playlists, the other is only showing artists A through B when viewing saved artists. My phone has the latest iOS and I’m not having this problem in my wife’s car.
Sponsored

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yup!

I got my car yesterday, and it already has shown that bug a few times. Last time I happened, I just waited a moment and it popped up with all the letter options.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Spotify fixes it in subsequent updates.

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Man... Less than a week owning this car and this bug has been a thorn in my side every damn day.

I have a service appointment for a couple of other issues in my vehicle scheduled for tomorrow. I'm going to have the technician log this particular issue, even though he can't do much about it.

In the meantime, I may just end up switching to wired CarPlay to circumvent the issue.

You figure out anything new, @Jabbewock?

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man... Less than a week owning this car and this bug has been a thorn in my side every damn day.

I have a service appointment for a couple of other issues in my vehicle scheduled for tomorrow. I'm going to have the technician log this particular issue, even though he can't do much about it.

In the meantime, I may just end up switching to wired CarPlay to circumvent the issue.

You figure out anything new, @Jabbewock?
No, the vehicle is a loaner so I’ve been putting up with the issue for now (just happy to have the loaner!) and am planning on telling the dealer about it. I would imagine a software update (Ford’s not Spotify) will prob take care of the problem, which I’m also hesitant to do since it’s not my vehicle. I’ll let you know if I find a solution though, be it on this vehicle or my dirt mountain refugee that is supposed to have the top replaced this month.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you are running IOS15, this is a problem with numerous streaming apps and CarPlay.
I am running into an issue with SiriusXM and knew Amazon Music was affected as well.
Looks like Spotify needs to be added to the list

Sponsored

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you are running IOS15, this is a problem with numerous streaming apps and CarPlay.
I am running into an issue with SiriusXM and knew Amazon Music was affected as well.
Damn. I just updated to 15.0.1 hoping it would resolve this issue. Was previously on 14.8 and it was still happening.

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My problem began before updating to ios15, and has continued since. My feeling is it’s a problem in the vehicles CarPlay software.
I have also used CarPlay in several other vehicles using my phone and have been unable to duplicate this problem in any other vehicle.

Last edited:

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I’ve had the car a month, and I’m still having this issue. The problem persists through an iOS 14 -> 15 upgrade, as well as a complete phone replacement, 12 Pro Max -> 13 Pro Max.

To help narrow things, the exact problem seems to be directly tied to the current speed of the vehicle. Driving over 5 MPH will cause Spotify to limit the amount of artists/songs/albums available to view, limited to items starting with #, A, and B.

When the car is at a stop or idle rolling under 5 MPH, Spotify will allow visibility of your entire music collection.

It definitely seems to be tied to this as some sorta safety feature, but it’s severely over-restricted, and I don’t think it’s meant to be that way.

I’m continuing to try and figure out a solution.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All of the Sirius and Amazon music issues have been resolved with the latest IOS update.

Not sure what's up with Spotify. I don't use it.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe this isn't a bug, it's a feature and meant to be that way on purpose. Apple music behaves exactly the same way. This appears to be in Sync 4's implementation of CarPlay, because other manufacturers choose to handle the restriction differently or don't restrict anything at all.

Sponsored

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I believe this isn't a bug, it's a feature and meant to be that way on purpose. Apple music behaves exactly the same way. This appears to be in Sync 4's implementation of CarPlay, because other manufacturers choose to handle the restriction differently or don't restrict anything at all.
Yeah, I am slightly worried that’s the case.

It’s silly because limiting the amount of stuff you can see on the dash display is only going to encourage people to grab their phone and search for music that way.

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I am slightly worried that’s the case.

It’s silly because limiting the amount of stuff you can see on the dash display is only going to encourage people to grab their phone and search for music that way.
Exactly!

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just an update- I’ve returned the loaner I had now that mine has arrived. I’ve been driving it a few days and so far I haven’t had the same CarPlay problem I was having before. I would imagine an updated version of the software is making the difference. So if anyone is having this problem still, make sure you are up to date.

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just an update- I’ve returned the loaner I had now that mine has arrived. I’ve been driving it a few days and so far I haven’t had the same CarPlay problem I was having before. I would imagine an updated version of the software is making the difference. So if anyone is having this problem still, make sure you are up to date.
Well damn that’s even more frustrating. My car says it’s up to date.

What package was the loaner you had compared to the one you currently own? Mine is a Big Bend Mid with that’s been having issues.

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well damn that’s even more frustrating. My car says it’s up to date.

What package was the loaner you had compared to the one you currently own? Mine is a Big Bend Mid with that’s been having issues.
The loaner was an OB lux. Mine is a Big Bend with mid package as well.
Sponsored