P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok dumb question. How are you supposed to
close the hood on the bronco? On my other cars, I’ve always lowered it and pressed down to latch it instead of dropping the hood and letting it fall to latch.

Pressing the hood doesn’t seem to latch it…

If I drop it from about a foot high it latches and closes. Is this how you are supposed to close the hood????
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's how I do it. I have hood struts so i press down from about 6 inches, swift and smooth

The hood dont weigh much

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's how I do it. I have hood struts so i press down from about 6 inches, swift and smooth

The hood dont weigh much
I don’t have hood struts. Is there a problem if it won’t latch when pressing down? Right now, I have to drop it to latch. Is that bad?

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's a Ford, you can slam it.(maybe not SLAM, Fords aren't made "Ford Tough" anymore) but force is needed

I don't think I've had a car where I didn't have to drop the hood

Unless something is not adjusted correctly like the latch or if the 2 round hood shims are too high.

I cannot lower my hood and then just press down to latch, needs some force

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's a Ford, you can slam it.(maybe not SLAM, Fords aren't made "Ford Tough" anymore) but force is needed

I don't think I've had a car where I didn't have to drop the hood

Unless something is not adjusted correctly like the latch or if the 2 round hood shims are too high.

I cannot lower my hood and then just press down to latch, needs some force

Thank you. This is my 1st ford so wanted to see if others have to drop. I’m a Toyota guy and all of them simply press - No drop.

Is there harm if I lower the two front hood circular bumpers too much to experiment?

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 2 hood bumpers stabilize the hood at speed. If not adjusted correctly you'll notice the hood flapping about on the highway.

So you want them raised high enough that still allows hood to close. If too high you won't be able to close hood. Find the highest point that allows hood to close(with force)

They aren't really in there tight, they kinda float. I don't see any harm in adjusting them, they are meant to be adjusted. I wouldn't want to drive with them not adjusted to stabilize the hood, the hood would bounce and then that could cause wear

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok dumb question. How are you supposed to
close the hood on the bronco? On my other cars, I’ve always lowered it and pressed down to latch it instead of dropping the hood and letting it fall to latch.

Pressing the hood doesn’t seem to latch it…

If I drop it from about a foot high it latches and closes. Is this how you are supposed to close the hood????
Here are my trials and tribulations https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/hood-bump-stop-info-causes-and-part-number.69160/
Sponsored