Sponsored

Pros/Cons for Hyperco Lift Springs vs. Foutz Lift Collars for 1-2” lift?

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have always opted for springs over collars and I only use Eibach springs.

Braptorx

Raptor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2020 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I went with springs since my load is high. More metal equals more strength in my opinion. Photo just came in with stock on the side and hyperco going on. Significantly thicker

a52677dc-6dde-4021-85a2-99593f86f44d.jpeg

OP
OP
JohnGalt

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’ll be interested in hearing impressions on ride quality in an offroad!

Sean6365

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor, 08 Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Would the hyperco help with front sag from adding a winch to the raptor?

Sponsored

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

ive got quite a bit of payload with AAL gear, dual battery, and RTT. I currently have foutz 1.5" in the rear only. this levels me out until im fully loaded (kids/fridge/camping gear/recovery gear/spare gas and water), then it starts to sag another .5".

the collars handle well and dont negatively impact the driving characteristics even when im driving spirited while on the trail. it improved the droop which was a noticeable improvement.

ill be adding a steel bumper and winch in the next few days, and instead of going collars im going to try the hyperco hd 2"rear 2" front. I went with collars as there were no springs available, and didnt want to do the winch until there were springs. reason being the collars add compression to an already compressed spring in my case, and a proper spring rate is the correct fix.

if youre going for a cosmetic leveling look, and dont really have the payload, I think collars are fine, but now that we have spring options, if youve got more weight, the springs are the way to go

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Would the hyperco help with front sag from adding a winch to the raptor?
IMO no unless you setup proper rake and/or they changed the spring rates. I Haven't researched them. I run collars and the biggest benefit for me was adding more front lift and limiting the amount of brake nose diving. Drivability with collars on or off road are a non factor IMO. I could see an argument for a taller spring with OEM spring specs, but it will still have nose dive issues and will be even worse if you have a winch.

Braptorx

Raptor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sitting a little high. Haven't driven it yet. But got a 7 hour desert drive tomorrow with a full load. Still need to add fuel, rotopax and the delta max 2 to the load so might level out. Just to add this is rear only. Front is stock.

Ford Bronco Pros/Cons for Hyperco Lift Springs vs. Foutz Lift Collars for 1-2” lift? a9883271-a833-4caf-a816-69fe23169cb3

Last edited:

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Braptorx

Raptor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Apologies for the delay. Road manners unchanged if anything smoother especially over speed bumps. Offroad I'm getting no bottoming out now. Is taking a fulload no problem. Still sitting a little higher in the back but I like it. 110km/h dune track run over bumps and a few small whoops and jumps was great. I apparently took big air at one point and landed like a cat I was told on all 4. We are all old men so don't do insta360s and things so I suppose if there is no photo it didn't happen. On the technical dunes, cross axle stuff I don't notice a difference just seems to be on the bowls and tracks. I think I will do the front as well. Just so it's the same springs all round won't do Heavy duty though as I'm not doing a winch.

Sponsored

TruckCamper

Base
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 on 37s. 2021 Tacoma (manual)
Your Bronco Model
Base
ill be adding a steel bumper and winch in the next few days, and instead of going collars im going to try the hyperco hd 2"rear 2" front. I went with collars as there were no springs available, and didnt want to do the winch until there were springs. reason being the collars add compression to an already compressed spring in my case, and a proper spring rate is the correct fix.
How is the ride?
Are you 2" higher than stock with the additional weight?
Any idea how much weight was added (front/rear)?

Rosalieee

Raptor
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, BMW M3 Competition X-Drive
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have the Foutz front leveling kit and its performs and looks great. No differences in ride quality to stock.
Sponsored