Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll be vulnerable here. I’m new to 4x4 vehicles and new to Off-Roading. I was recently on some trails and in 4H. I finished up and hopped on the County highway. I was 10 miles down the dry paved road going 65 before I realized I never pushed the button back. Took care of that and considered myself thankful I caught it quick.

I was shitting my pants hoping I didn’t screw anything thing up. All seems to be fine. I just don’t have that muscle memory yet and not having a physical lever certainly makes it less obvious. I’m a bit worried about my wife doing the same this winter or if my dog steps on it without me noticing.

Follow up question…I live in Minnesota and we obviously get a lot of snow. Let’s say we got a fresh 3-6inches and the roads are still suspect. Am I good driving in 4H and not going over 50-56 until they are plowed and starting clear up from sun/salt melt?
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Applied physics. When turning the inside wheels turn slower than the outside wheels. Positraction, the clutch would slip so not a big deal, but electronic lockers seal the deal. Something's gotta slip, the tires work in slippery conditions...

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ll be vulnerable here. I’m new to 4x4 vehicles and new to Off-Roading. I was recently on some trails and in 4H. I finished up and hopped on the County highway. I was 10 miles down the dry paved road going 65 before I realized I never pushed the button back. Took care of that and considered myself thankful I caught it quick.

I was shitting my pants hoping I didn’t screw anything thing up. All seems to be fine. I just don’t have that muscle memory yet and not having a physical lever certainly makes it less obvious. I’m a bit worried about my wife doing the same this winter or if my dog steps on it without me noticing.

Follow up question…I live in Minnesota and we obviously get a lot of snow. Let’s say we got a fresh 3-6inches and the roads are still suspect. Am I good driving in 4H and not going over 50-56 until they are plowed and starting clear up from sun/salt melt?
That's what 4A is for. Deal with the same thing here. 4A slippery mode...

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's what 4A is for. Deal with the same thing here. 4A slippery mode...
My BB doesn’t have 4A. My next one will when the order banks come back online and it’s built some crazy day from now.

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is sad technology
used-2021-jeep-wrangler-4x4highaltitudeunlimitednavlthrseatsremotestart-7224-20726437-31-1024.jpg

I love tech, but some things are just way over thought. Just give me one of these and the baisic 2x4/4x4 condition rules. There is no accidently choosing the wrong 'mode'.
Shift into 4h or 4L as needed then set brain to sand, mud, rocks etc. I want to drive my vehicle not just press the skinny pedal and let the 'puter figure it out. Where's the fun - or skill - in that?
Technology is replacing skill and experience with the push of a button. But common sense cannot be programmed so when skill and experience are not there tech is going to be blamed.

Demolition Man comes to mind

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
My BB doesn’t have 4A. My next one will when the order banks come back online and it’s built some crazy day from now.
I have a basesquatch. Is 4A an option on BB?

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Read the manual ,kinda dry but a quick read with a surprise ending.
20220702_180710.jpg
20220702_180652.jpg
I printed mine out in LARGE PRINT because I'm OLD and it's easier to read. To be honest, quite a bit of it includes the Table of Contents, legalese mumbo jumbo and indexing. The real meat and potatoes are easy enough to digest. Not a bad read, but yeah, it's a bit dry between the scary parts.

7E2AB340-4FC7-449F-8CBD-7953470FAB90_1_201_a.jpeg

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is sad technology

Technology is replacing skill and experience with the push of a button. But common sense cannot be programmed so when skill and experience are not there tech is going to be blamed.

Demolition Man comes to mind
"If our father had had his say, nobody who did not know how to fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him."

Sponsored

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a basesquatch. Is 4A an option on BB?
It’s an option but I bought mine off the lot to see if I liked this kind of vehicle enough to wait a year and drop 60+k on one. I didn’t get to pick my options, it was all that was available.

Turns out it’s my dream vehicle.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm frustrated that you have no way to know which way to turn the dial for the various modes. It's easy to turn to one that initiates 4wd...

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now I want to know too. Will it burst into flame? Electrical shock hazard?
Wait. You guys were serious? Hahah. It’s common sense.
When the camera body has no lens mounted to it, it’s susceptible to foreign particles like dirt, dust, lint, pollen etc , all of which could land on your sensor and show up in images. Remove and install lens with body opening facing downward, this allows any foreign particles that may be in there to fall out, and reduces the likelihood off other stuff falling into it.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm frustrated that you have no way to know which way to turn the dial for the various modes. It's easy to turn to one that initiates 4wd...
I had thought the same thing.

One thing I'll admit...I never turned the dial in my Bronco. It sat in Normal mode for all 1,234 miles (until it got hit). I manually shifted the transfer case and the lockers. Really was just enjoying driving, finding any excuse to just drive around.
Sponsored