First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey everyone - looking for a bit of advice.

When my Bronco finally arrives (someday) I'm going to buy this roof rack: Bronco TrailRax Modular Roof Rack (TRMR Rack) 4-Door

The question I have is - do I but the version with the cutout for the light bar/lightbar or do I use podlights for extra lighting?

I've been told by people who seem to know a lot more about offroading than I do that a lightbar mounted above the windshield isn't the best idea. Was told it's noisy and highlights all the chips/dirt on the windshield.

Pod lights (plus the extra lights installed in the fog light section of the mod bumper) were suggested as a much better alternative. But I wanted to put this out to the collective wisdom on here. You know what they say about opinions...and I'd rather get more than just a couple.

For reference - I live in Colorado and do plan on spending a lot of time offroading and dispersed camping in the mountains (nothing crazy like Black Bear pass - thinking more along the lines of Yankee Hill).

Thanks for any/all help and suggestions!
Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I recently mounted this just above my bumper. It gives plenty of light (way more than the Pod lights alone). I have heard that light bars above the window make a lot of noise. Look into @4x4TruckLEDs.com for more info about lighting.
Ford Bronco Question about light bars / pod lights FrontLightBar

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recently mounted this just above my bumper. It gives plenty of light (way more than the Pod lights alone). I have heard that light bars above the window make a lot of noise. Look into @4x4TruckLEDs.com for more info about lighting.
Ford Bronco Question about light bars / pod lights FrontLightBar
Awesome thank you - will give that site a look
Sponsored