Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Question about wiring fog lights IMG_2219

this pictures shows all the endpoints on the harness I received with my fog lights. On the far left are the ends that plug into the light pods. Each has a red and black wire that runs through conduit to the black relay box next to them. Extending from the relay box are the black and red wires with ring connectors and a on/off switch.
I intend to connect these to one of my uplifter switchs. Can I just connect the black ring connector to ground and the red ring connector to my uplifter wire by the firewall and be done? Can I cut away the on/off switch, or does it need to stay in the loop? For that matter… do I even need this relay, or can I cut that off, too? Advice appreciated.
Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you have AUX switches which is sounds like you do: cut the red and black wires from the light connector endpoints right before the relay. You won't need the relay or the switch.

Then wire the blacks to a ground, and the reds to the AUX switch wire of your choice. Easy!

I made a video on this that might help you, skip to the 8 min mark:

OP
OP
Dezperado

Dezperado

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you have AUX switches which is sounds like you do: cut the red and black wires from the light connector endpoints right before the relay. You won't need the relay or the switch.

Then wire the blacks to a ground, and the reds to the AUX switch wire of your choice. Easy!

I made a video on this that might help you, skip to the 8 min mark:
Thanks! Confirmed my suspicions. Got the install done.
I used Lasfit Fog beams in yellow and white, wired to two uplifters (one for each color). I used the DV8 bracket.
Ford Bronco Question about wiring fog lights IMG_2226

Ford Bronco Question about wiring fog lights IMG_2225
Sponsored