Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I currently have a set of Oracle fog lights installed on my Bronco modular bumper all wired to my overhead switch 1. The pass side wires are (4) wires attached to front 1 switch wire and the right side to the driver side switch wire and all are grounded. So when I turn on switch 1 all my lights are on. Great for off-road but for everyday use. So my question is how can I re wire so I can only have one or two lights on each side so I can use it everyday without blinding an oncoming driver. I would appreciate some suggestions so I can accomplish this once instead of my usual 4 times.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this the triple LED fog light kit?

If so you'll have to cut apart the included wiring harness and create/run a custom harness to the lights. Each light should have a positive/negative on it, so you should be able to wire the lights exactly how you want.

OP
OP
rpaluch1

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is this the triple LED fog light kit?

If so you'll have to cut apart the included wiring harness and create/run a custom harness to the lights. Each light should have a positive/negative on it, so you should be able to wire the lights exactly how you want.
Thanks. It is the triple. So what are f I want to run 1 light on each side let’s say on switch 2 where do I run the wires too? Both sets to the switch 2 wire. ?

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Depending on your % off-road vs on-road, if you don’t want to have to rewire anything, this might be a solution for you.

It’s what I did with ours. Still really bright but angled just slightly so as not to blind oncoming traffic.

Again, might not be at all what you want to achieve, but just throwing out the option for you:

Sponsored

Agrod

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The fogs have a 3 to 1 plug built in. You will have to cut out one or better yet, find a plug that fits on the fog side and leave one unplugged.
Ford Bronco Need wiring advise for fog lights 1690928164367

Besides that, the easiest would be to run the two positive wires from the aux switches over to the drivers side fog and then run a jumper to the passenger side. Then a wire to chassis ground on each side. You can probably use the supplied wiring harness for parts.

I ran my Oracle Fogs to the factory wiring and swapped out the original headlight switches to the one with factory fogs. Had to use Forscan to enable it though. I got a pigtail harness from @4x4TruckLEDs.com so zero wires cut.
They can probably sell you something that would work as you want.

Dirtrider

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Panda Motorworks makes a really nice wiring harness that separates the lights so you use three switches to control three right and left 'pairs' of lights. I have the Diode Dynamics lights which have a Deutsch DT 4, pin connector. The ($49) Panda harness CrystaLux Triple Fog Light Wiring Harness, 6x DT 4-Pin Connectors (Dio — Panda Motorworks plugs directly into each light so if you were to use that harness, you would have to put a male Deutsch connector on each Oracle light. The DT 4 connectors use three pins, ground, main light power and backlight power. If you don't have the backlights, only use two of the 4 pins. This is a really nice harness, with braided loom the correct lengths for driver and passenger with the three light connectors labeled 'A', 'B' and 'C' on each side and at the end that you connect to the upfitter switches.

You might check with Panda Motorworks about other connectors or options for that harness. They sell kits for several brands of lights so they might have something that better fits your lights.

If you go with the Panda wiring harness you can buy the DT 4 connectors at Amazon Amazon.com: 102 PCS Deutsch DT Grey 4 Pin Connectors 8 Set, Waterproof Electrical Wire Connector with Stamped Contacts and Seal Plug for Truck, Off-Road Vehicles, Construction, Agriculture, Motorcycle Wiring : Automotive you'll only need the male side and they come with plugs for the unused pin locations. I used these connectors for my Towed Vehicle Braking system installation. I also purchased a cheap crimper iCrimp IWC-1424AN Deutsch Stamped Contacts Crimping Tool, DT Series Crimp Tool for Size 16 Contacts, 14-24AWG Non Insulated Open Barrel Terminals from Molex, AMP, TE, Automotive Aftermarket Tool - Amazon.com and it worked pretty well, I had zero bad pin or socket crimps.

If you don't have enough wire length on the lights to add connectors, you can buy DT 4 pigtails Amazon.com: WOODGUILIN Deutsch DT 4 Pin Connector,4 Way DT Automotive Waterproof Electrical Connector Male Female Plug Wiring Harness,with 16 AWG Cable Wire,for Car,Truck,Boats,LED Work Light.(5 Pairs,4P DT Gray) : Automotive and butt splice or solder the pigtails to the light wires. I really like the waterproof heat shrink solder connectors like these: 400PCS Solder Seal Wire Connectors, Sopoby Self Soldering Heat Shrink Butt Connector Solder Sleeve Waterproof Insulated Electrical Butt Splice Wire Terminals for Marine Automotive Boat Truck: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific They just take a heat gun to solder and seal.
Sponsored