Tom Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Newbie question.. please teach me🙏🙏🙏

Can any one can teach me how measure total height clearance for Bronco? I can't seems to figure out. 😕

I have outer banks and I'm stuck with choosing between 285/70/R18 or 295/70/R18 Tires. And my main goal is have bigger beefer tire but watch out for maximum clearance.

I was wondering how taller total height will be the Bronco. For instance my Bronco is about 73inches tall with stock, but if I go with either Tires above mentioned, will by Bronco be 74-75 inches tall total?

Please teach me how to measure total height of vehicle when you change to bigger tires.

Thank you very very much
Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
Mauka

Mauka

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you but I'm trying to figure what will be actual vehicle height with tires are installed.

If 295/70 R18 is 34.3 inches tall, and current stock tire is (255/70 R18) 32.1 inches tall, then acutal Bronco is 73inches will be 75.2 inches total height? Am calculating correct?

Sponsored

phoenix00

Wildtrak
First Name
Phoenix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L eb FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Almost… so the tire is 2 inches taller, but that only moves the center point up 1 inch (because the other 1 inch is at the top of the tire so it’s not pushing things higher). Does that make sense? Anyways, take the height difference and divide by 2, and that will give you how much higher the over vehicle will sit… in your example, you’ll be 74.1 (73 + 1/2 2.2).

OP
OP
Mauka

Mauka

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I really appreciate your answer. That was I was looking for. Can't seems still figure out this how tire size works... 🤔 😬 😳

OP
OP
Mauka

Mauka

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Almost… so the tire is 2 inches taller, but that only moves the center point up 1 inch (because the other 1 inch is at the top of the tire so it’s not pushing things higher). Does that make sense? Anyways, take the height difference and divide by 2, and that will give you how much higher the over vehicle will sit… in your example, you’ll be 74.1 (73 + 1/2 2.2).
Thank you very much

phoenix00

Wildtrak
First Name
Phoenix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L eb FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This example might help, or maybe not… imagine you have a 12 inch ruler and an 8 inch ruler. If you stood them up on end, how high would you need to lift the 8 inch ruler to center it against the 12 inch ruler? You wouldn’t slide it up 4 inches, that would have them level at the top… you’d slide it up 2 inches to get it centered… those rulers are your tires…

OP
OP
Mauka

Mauka

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you ery much 🤙🤙

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This example might help, or maybe not… imagine you have a 12 inch ruler and an 8 inch ruler. If you stood them up on end, how high would you need to lift the 8 inch ruler to center it against the 12 inch ruler? You wouldn’t slide it up 4 inches, that would have them level at the top… you’d slide it up 2 inches to get it centered… those rulers are your tires…
great visual example , good job
Sponsored