First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We have had an outer banks on order for some time and when you wait it’s easy to question your build. We originally opted for the 6 cylinder with leather in roast and the smaller screen. Yesterday I changed to non leather, the 4 cylinder and the 12” screen.

Is the 4 cylinder really ok? The dealer thought it would help get it faster?

I love the Katzkin leather options so was it wise to save the $500 and do the leather after I get the Bronco? I kept roast and thought I would do the full brown seat

is the 12” screen worth it?

thank you all!
Sponsored

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We have had an outer banks on order for some time and when you wait it’s easy to question your build. We originally opted for the 6 cylinder with leather in roast and the smaller screen. Yesterday I changed to non leather, the 4 cylinder and the 12” screen.

Is the 4 cylinder really ok? The dealer thought it would help get it faster?

I love the Katzkin leather options so was it wise to save the $500 and do the leather after I get the Bronco? I kept roast and thought I would do the full brown seat
is the 12” screen worth it?

thank you all!
I’m not sure how much the 2.3 will speed up your build, but opting for the 12” screen that comes in the Lux package is going to be what delays you. I made sure to avoid the Lux package on my build, although I really wanted the larger screen.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a OBX reserved 9-22-20 first order 10-21-20 second order 1-22-21 I first opted for the MOD top I thought having the pop out back windows would be cool and covenant. But that fell apart and I then changed back to the MIC top with LUX TOW LEATHER later I added SAS and HEAVEY DUTY BUMPER AND SKID PLATES. Still no build date but I am willing to wait for the Bronco that I want.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure how much the 2.3 will speed up your build, but opting for the 12” screen that comes in the Lux package is going to be what delays you. I made sure to avoid the Lux package on my build, although I really wanted the larger screen.
12" Screen comes with the High Package also.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep in mind with the leather seats you also get the power seats and the center arm rest in the rear seat. Not sure if that makes a difference to you, but is another factor.

Sponsored

dScott

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Genesis G80
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
12" screen also comes in high package, not sure if that helps at all over the lux package.

Also, aren't katzkin like $1500? They don't give prices on thier site but quick search came up with $1500-2000

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

12" Screen comes with the High Package also.
Ohhh yes, you are correct. I assumed OP opted for Lux.

I wonder if the High package also has a constraint, as does the Lux.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Don’t settle, get what ya want/willing to pay for! There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what actually gets built...

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ohhh yes, you are correct. I assumed OP opted for Lux.

I wonder if the High package also has a constraint, as does the Lux.
yeah I'm wondering the same since I got the high
I’ve never seen High listed as a constraint. Lux adds a lot of technology so I’ve always assumed it was a chip issue.

Sponsored

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yeah I'm wondering the same since I got the high
I’ve never seen High listed as a constraint. Lux adds a lot of technology so I’ve always assumed it was a chip issue.
That’s true. I’ve always seen Lux on the list, but never High. I regretted not getting the larger screen, but when I went back to B&P, it’s not an option on BD! 😆 So there’s my answer..🤷🏻‍♀️ lol

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Keep in mind with the leather seats you also get the power seats and the center arm rest in the rear seat. Not sure if that makes a difference to you, but is another factor.
Not if the OP is ordering a 2-door. I haven't seen which one they're getting. We'll wait for the next spoonful.

First Name
Dottie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also depends on when you ordered. I was second day reservation, ordered 02/05/2021, then reordered again in October 2021 and now have a production date of 3/27. I went to switch to the soft top in January and already had a VIN which was a shock bc I did not receive anything telling me about that.

Stick with what you want....it will come.....

OBX 4DR, Carbonized Gray, High pkg, Lux pkg, MIC top, 2.3.

OP
OP

Ph2426

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks all. I guess the biggest questions are is the 2.3 ok if I add larger tires on the standard wheels? and is Katskin leather a good secondary option to factory leather? thanks

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks all. I guess the biggest questions are is the 2.3 ok if I add larger tires on the standard wheels? and is Katskin leather a good secondary option to factory leather? thanks
Although I don’t have my Bronco yet to speak of my experience with larger tires, I do plan on eventually going up to BFG KO2 33’s on mine. I’m not sure how big you’d want to go, though.

As far as Katskin goes, I’ve never seen it in person, but I would totally go with that as an option, especially if you’re saving money! My cousin used to sell vehicles at a Jeep dealership, and she said that they would order a lot of Base Jeeps and add Katskin. She said the Katskin was really nice! Pictures show it to be really nice, as well!

*Edit-Also, with Katskin you have a lot more options to choose from as far as colors and stitching go!
Sponsored