First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So normally I'd just hardwire the winch permanently to the batter with an isolator.

Buuuuuuut... I just bought a Relentless Fab bumper and it has a relatively quick removable winch plate. So, in light of this I'm looking to use a QD Anderosn plug SB175

Anderson SB175 Power Ground Quick Disconnect 175A (Grey (4 AWG)) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B082QS87TN/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_EWT7WWHFP38BGB3RJXF0

Can someone with some more electrical knowledge chime in and let me know ow if that's safe with a zeon 10-s at 409a 12v. The plug itself is rated at 175a 600v DC. So, in my mind it's probably fine, but I'm not 100% sure, so I want to see if anyone has done this before. The 175 would be lretty ideal since either already use one for my air compressor and jumper cables.

Thanks
Sponsored

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not an electrician and I haven't shoved a paperclip in an outlet in ~30 years BUT:

https://www.inchcalculator.com/amps-to-watts-calculator/

I'm pretty sure we have the same or very similar plugs on our electric forklift that's 36V and charges at 60AMP with our wussy charger and it is supposed to be able to take exponentially more for quick charges so I don't see why it wouldn't work? Based on that calculator linked above it appears the watts on 175A with 600v is 20X the watts.

OP
OP
ryridesmotox

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not an electrician and I haven't shoved a paperclip in an outlet in ~30 years BUT:

https://www.inchcalculator.com/amps-to-watts-calculator/

I'm pretty sure we have the same or very similar plugs on our electric forklift that's 36V and charges at 60AMP with our wussy charger and it is supposed to be able to take exponentially more for quick charges so I don't see why it wouldn't work? Based on that calculator linked above it appears the watts on 175A with 600v is 20X the watts.
Yea that's the same math I was using as well. I just want to make sure I don't set the Bronco on fire like a velocity blue burning man in the southern California desert.

Maybe I'm being too cautious. I'm pretty sure it should work, I just want to make sure I'm not being a dumbass before I go and do things.

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea that's the same math I was using as well. I just want to make sure I don't set the Bronco on fire like a velocity blue burning man in the southern California desert.

Maybe I'm being too cautious. I'm pretty sure it should work, I just want to make sure I'm not being a dumbass before I go and do things.
NO BALLS! SEND IT!

I'd make sure it is fused and make sure you use it lightly and check the connection for heat prior to using it hard. I doubt it would be a problem.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The current is the main variable of concern with a connector like this so ignore the voltage stuff. I would not pull over 400 amps through a connector rated at 175A but that winch will only pull that much current if you are on the first wrap and at 10k pounds of load. I always carry a snatch block (pulley) and tree saver with my winches so that I can pull out twice as much rope to get deeper into the wraps and also cut the winch load in half via mechanical advantage. It also cuts the speed in half but not getting in a hurry can save your alternator's life and also protect your wiring and contactors.
Sponsored