Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '10 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of you advocating for the manual winch, could you please give some examples of what you're using? Most of the manual winches I've found max out at 3,200 lbs. Not sure I trust it to yank a Bronco out that weighs almost twice that when loaded...
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What's everyone's thoughts?
If your going to get into heavy off-roading it’s a must for me I just want to find some light beginner trails so I doubt I’ll need one

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want a winch, but Ford and the aftermarket haven’t done us any favors in this area yet. The design choices for locations of the sensors and camera from ford were short sighted in this area. The aftermarket hasn’t solved it nicely yet.

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This will get you unstuck in a emergency situation without a electric mounted winch.
NEIKO 02256A Come Along Winch | 5-Ton (10,000 Lbs) Pulling Capacity | 12Ft, 3 Hook| Heavy Duty Power Cable Puller With Dual Gears | Hand Winch Cable | Automotive Hoist Winch Puller | Recovery Gear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MBWCIU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_BAJRT6QQVP8AHDHKEXBH

For those of you advocating for the manual winch, could you please give some examples of what you're using? Most of the manual winches I've found max out at 3,200 lbs. Not sure I trust it to yank a Bronco out that weighs almost twice that when loaded...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More Power Puller. Rated as dead lift 2 & 3 ton units.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the Lux package which makes it a hassle so I'll rely on my buddies on the rare occasion I might get stuck. The last time I got stuck was in 2019 in the middle of a frozen Minnesota lake heading to a buddies ice shack in deep snow and different tires would have prevented it. A winch wouldn't have helped. :)

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not advocating for a come-along over a winch, but if I were, I'd say get a More Power Puller
Sponsored