Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Friends - Got my winch installed last night and did all the wiring today to some bad results. I’m not getting power to the winch and it will not turn on. I’m at a loss on what I’m missing. I’ve got a video below of my wiring setup. I guess if no one sees any errors on my part in how I have things wired then I’ll check my connections, but everything seemed very snug. Please ignore my short positive battery cable going over to the battery. I’m going to have to get a longer one, but want to get things working first.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, do you have a multimeter? If so this is going to be extremely easy to troubleshoot.

If not... we'll start from step one: Was the Bronco turned on? The Aux switch lines only power-on while the vehicle is running.

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, do you have a multimeter? If so this is going to be extremely easy to troubleshoot.

If not... we'll start from step one: Was the Bronco turned on? The Aux switch lines only power-on while the vehicle is running.
I have worse news. I went back and wired the winch straight to the battery and I don’t have power.

Currently the winch control connected is the wireless hub. So I still need to try to rule out that’s not the issue. However, I thought these things beeped when they turned on/have power and I’m not getting that.
The other unfortunate reality is that I’m using the RC hidden winch mount. Which means to try the corded controller I’m probably going to have to drop the winch down. But again, I thought it beeped when it turned on. Can someone confirm that?

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re not getting any action out of your wireless winch remote, try holding both buttons down until lights turn on. I have a Zeak that uses this set up. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you’re not getting any action out of your wireless winch remote, try holding both buttons down until lights turn on. I have a Zeak that uses this set up. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah the wireless remote powers on. The winch is either not connected to the remote or is not getting power.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah the wireless remote powers on. The winch is either not connected to the remote or is not getting power.
I'd drop it down. Get it working where you get to it.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it’s like my warn, there’s a green switch you must flip on located on the top right back side of the winch. Did you actually turn the winch on??

IMG_8683.jpeg

IMG_8685.jpeg

OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have not seen a power switch on the EVO 10.
However some good news. I was able to loosen the control box bracket in the kit to be able to reach the Bluetooth dongle. Pressing the button triggers the dongle light. So I know I have power to the winch now. So it may be something I have to do to sync the dongle and controller. Searching that now. But if you watch this clip at 3:02 I tried this guys method to sunc and the winch did not work.

I also am going to see if I can get the wired controller port into that space to test as well.

Vid of dongle lighting up:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Okay! Winch works confirmed. Tested with wired controller and it came to life. I clearly have some sort of sync issue with the Bluetooth dongle. Onward with testing, but very relieved!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

SOLVED
Ford Bronco HELP - Winch installed but no power to winch… 🤦🏻‍♂️ IMG_2602

I bought from a third party site that incorrectly listed this wireless controller worked with EVO winches. But the Warn website says it does not work with EVO so I’ll be sending it back. I’ve Jerry rigged the wired controller to work for now as I’m headed camping in OBX in 2 weeks and I’m not sure I can get a different model part in time. But wired will do for now.

Thanks for the assist everyone. I’m sooooo frickin glad I didn’t have to drop the winch!!! 🤣