Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Beat my Rough Country hidden winch mount all to hell, so time to replace it with something better. Very happy with the Lobo mount, it is beefy compared to the flimsy RC I was running. Bonus, I can reach up behind the mount and access the clutch lever. I have a Warn Evo 10k winch mounted, and did not have to relocate the control box.

IMG_3405.jpeg

IMG_3406.jpeg

IMG_3407.jpeg

IMG_3409.jpeg

IMG_3408.jpeg
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m looking at upgrading myself at one point. Was it literally just a straightforward unbolt, bolt back up procedure?

MotoVexGT

Badlands
First Name
Ahnamataeus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks great! I know what I'll probably be swapping out for if my RC hidden mount ends up destroyed like yours.

Edit: you have the 2.7 or 2.3? Their site has a link for the 2.7, but also says that it's the 2.3 version and the 2.7 is coming soon. Also, how secure is the bolt up, compared to the RC? It's hard to tell from their pictures, but it doesn't look as secure as the RC one, and it's mounted directly to the bash plate?

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bentpushrod

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the 2.3. Yes, the winch mounts directly to the bash plate, which is different than the RC where the winch mounts to a plate, and then the bash plate is separate. As far as how secure it is, that is to be determined.

Duffman303

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor 6.2L
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Beat my Rough Country hidden winch mount all to hell, so time to replace it with something better. Very happy with the Lobo mount, it is beefy compared to the flimsy RC I was running. Bonus, I can reach up behind the mount and access the clutch lever. I have a Warn Evo 10k winch mounted, and did not have to relocate the control box.

Ford Bronco Lobo hidden winch mount installed IMG_3408

I have a 4D WT SAS LUX and I am looking for an under mount winch. I don't want to loose my camera view. Can you provide more detail about your set up? What winch did you use, where did you mount your control plug in, how is the winch mounted? The Rough Country set up looks a bit flimsy to me.

OP
OP
Bentpushrod

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 4D WT SAS LUX and I am looking for an under mount winch. I don't want to loose my camera view. Can you provide more detail about your set up? What winch did you use, where did you mount your control plug in, how is the winch mounted? The Rough Country set up looks a bit flimsy to me.
I have a Warn Evo 10k mounted to a Lobo hidden winch mount. I don’t use the control plug in, I use the remote wireless. It works well.

Duffman303

Wildtrak
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor 6.2L
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a Warn Evo 10k mounted to a Lobo hidden winch mount. I don’t use the control plug in, I use the remote wireless. It works well.
I expected they had the mount and the skid plate as separate pieces.

Sponsored

climbjose

Badlands
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2d manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I take it you had to move your brake lines? I had to take my bumper off to get it on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bentpushrod

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I take it you had to move your brake lines? I had to take my bumper off to get it on.
If I remember correctly, I didn’t move the brake line, may have had to slightly bend It. Just not sure, as I mounted it back in May.

TruckCamper

Base
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 on 37s. 2021 Tacoma (manual)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you clock the winch clutch lever? I'm having trouble seeing how to access the lever... We have the RC mount. We reinforced it and cut and access hole in the front to reach the clutch. It's getting beat.

How has the Lobo mount holding up to rocks?? I'm a bit concerned that it's 3/16" and not 1/4"....

OP
OP
Bentpushrod

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you clock the winch clutch lever? I'm having trouble seeing how to access the lever... We have the RC mount. We reinforced it and cut and access hole in the front to reach the clutch. It's getting beat.

How has the Lobo mount holding up to rocks?? I'm a bit concerned that it's 3/16" and not 1/4"....
No, the lever is not clocked. You can reach in from the side to access the lever. When I had the RC mount, the only way to access the lever was opening the hood and reaching down.

So far the Lobo is holding up like a champ. My old RC mount was trashed.

TEAMSLO

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Bronco 2.7 4d Oxford White & 22' JLURD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would you say that the RC one got trashed over something minor or something that you would assume either brands would have become useless?
Sponsored