Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How is everyone keeping track of how much line is left on the drum? I am thinking maybe electrical tape? Like one piece of tape when there is 2 wraps left, two pieces one there is 1.5 wraps left, and 3 when you are at one wrap left?
Sponsored

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How is everyone keeping track of how much line is left on the drum? I am thinking maybe electrical tape? Like one piece of tape when there is 2 wraps left, two pieces one there is 1.5 wraps left, and 3 when you are at one wrap left?
I have not done anything yet, but I've seen guys just tie an orange or yellow trail marker tape at like 10ft/5ft/1ft of winch line left. This is the stuff you see loggers or hunters tie around trees. It's not adhesive and it's weatherproof. I'd just cut like a foot segment off and then tie it in the middle at where you want to mark your line. Then when you see that pop out of the fairlead port, you know what you've got left.

https://a.co/d/ilCyenv

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spray paint the last 10 wraps or so red.
Sponsored