Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco - Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looking at it for the modular bumper and on a Wildtrak with all the options. Looking to mount a 12K Synthetic VR EVO Warn on it as well.

Will it work with the modular bumper?

Will it fuck up sensors etc?

Will it fit a non-RC winch?

Any answers from folks who have tried or with connections to RC are appreciated!
Sponsored

jmjoyas

Big Bend
First Name
Joyas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUSport, 2016 Volvo XC90 T8, 2010 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looking at it for the modular bumper and on a Wildtrak with all the options. Looking to mount a 12K Synthetic VR EVO Warn on it as well.

Any answers from folks who have tried or with connections to RC are appreciated!
Here's a video. Hope it provides some answers.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Short answer on the RC - not yet. They are saying they will intro one soon. Many threads on this.

FifthCard

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does not specifically support the Mod bumper but I believe someone on here has adapted it to fit. The biggest issue or question to ask is what engine do you have? It will not work with the 2.7L engine. As far as sensors it is below everything so should not mess with any sensors.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The guy in the RC video had given us all hope for a solution that does not require you to cut apart and fab your own solution. I will be attempting to be among the first orders of the new version for the mod bumper when they announce it. I have a VR EVO 10k waiting for it. I believe you will have to remotely mount the controller (I am placing it with my onboard ARB on a mount from @4x4TruckLEDs.com

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tents+Tread

Tents+Tread

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco - Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does not specifically support the Mod bumper but I believe someone on here has adapted it to fit. The biggest issue or question to ask is what engine do you have? It will not work with the 2.7L engine. As far as sensors it is below everything so should not mess with any sensors.
apologies for ignorance but has anyone explained WHY the 2.7 cant run like basically any winch solution?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

apologies for ignorance but has anyone explained WHY the 2.7 cant run like basically any winch solution?
Transmission cooler is in the way on the rc

FifthCard

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The guy in the RC video had given us all hope for a solution that does not require you to cut apart and fab your own solution. I will be attempting to be among the first orders of the new version for the mod bumper when they announce it. I have a VR EVO 10k waiting for it. I believe you will have to remotely mount the controller (I am placing it with my onboard ARB on a mount from @4x4TruckLEDs.com
I am curious if it will work. I actually like the Mod Bumper and if I can get a winch in there hidden with the 2.7L I will jump all over that. I will probably go with the badlands apex from harbor freight for no other reason that it has wireless controller. (and having a badlands winch on a badlands bronco)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Won't work on a Wildtrak because the 2.7 comes with a transmission cooler that is mounted right where the winch goes.

Youay want yo follow @mpeugeot because at some point he plans to see if he can move the cooler to a different spot to fit his rc hidden winch he already bought.

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Won't work on a Wildtrak because the 2.7 comes with a transmission cooler that is mounted right where the winch goes.

Youay want yo follow @mpeugeot because at some point he plans to see if he can move the cooler to a different spot to fit his rc hidden winch he already bought.
I believe it can be done too

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I believe it can be done too
Oh of course it can be done. The question is can it be done reasonably. The hoses don't have a lot of room for movement (At least what I've seen from pictures). So you're talking about moving it pretty good size heat exchanger somewhere and then having to build four new compression hoses.

Believe me, I can't wait till someone does it because I really want this solution. But right now it's off the table for me.

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh of course it can be done. The question is can it be done reasonably. The hoses don't have a lot of room for movement (At least what I've seen from pictures). So you're talking about moving it pretty good size heat exchanger somewhere and then having to build four new compression hoses.

Believe me, I can't wait till someone does it because I really want this solution. But right now it's off the table for me.
please remember me if you ever figure this out. this is kind of my ultimate goal to complete my bronco. I'm going to keep thinking as well.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I installed the RC hidden winch on Saturday on my 2.3 Badlands with mod bumper. Basically merged the stock skid and RC skid. Will be doing a write up later today.

Ford Bronco Rough Country Hidden Winch Questions 21286AD3-D7AF-47E9-AEDD-E3F119ADC385
This looks very nice! Curious to how you did it!

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Though there are a few threads on this - I’m excited for some progress on which brands of winches actually fit. I don’t think I would trust an RC winch when I really need one…

Looking forward to your write up @Durty_Mo
Sponsored