Sponsored

Winch questions - installed by dealer? Aftermarket winch better option?

• Thread starter Deleted member 13702
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
WARN has a Youtube channel with lots of videos if you want to check comparisons or products. Sometimes you get what you pay for with things.

I like the look the look of the ones with that wireless remote although I wonder if you get any signal loss if you're out in the middle of nowhere
Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look what happened to TFL (YouTube) on their 2nd (!!!) Defender when the (Hack job...) Dealer tried to install the winch. Dealer Tech (Owner's drug addict son...?) chopped into the wiring harness....and VEHICLE A TOTAL WRECK. TFL on Defender #3 now....Better be careful who installs your winch.
Honestly, I kind of wonder if there is more to the cut harness...like was it really or something else. I am not saying something shady but just wonder if there was something and the cut harness is just a good story. If true holy cow....big F up for sure or at least a hell of a discount as a used car...harness should still be reparable unless they also cut some super expensive computer box as well.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the look the look of the ones with that wireless remote although I wonder if you get any signal loss if you're out in the middle of nowhere
The wireless is from the hand held remote to the winch control unit, signal loss isn't an issue unless you're trying to control it from 50' away :)

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The wireless is from the hand held remote to the winch control unit, signal loss isn't an issue unless you're trying to control it from 50' away :)
Got it, thanks

Magoo

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Watching one of Ronny Dahl's videos on winching, he tells a story about how he had a remote winch and the signal was the same as a neighbors drone, something like that. It ended up destroying the winch. Probably not likely to happen but a consideration?
Sponsored