mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

what's with the springs on each side of the solenoid box? Assume you'll relocate the solenoid box?
Those springs are attached to a roller that keeps the line from birdnesting pretty neat, no need to remount solenoid box its low profile.
I wish i could keep it
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those springs are attached to a roller that keeps the line from birdnesting pretty neat, no need to remount solenoid box its low profile.
I wish i could keep it
Ok. Ive only ran and will only run synthetic which is why I hadn't noticed springs before. I have a warn m8000 on my LJ and decided to move the solenoid box under the hood to clean up the front bumper and help with the cooler mounted in the grill.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

my understanding that its not $2500 just for the winch but includes the actual mount as well. How are you guys mounting your bronco winches until aftermarket catches up?
Yep. It is the Winch, Mount, shackles and installation. Plus FORD warranty and if the Dealer screws something up....they are liable for it. WARN has a great reputation and their HQ is 40 miles away from me. I am too old to install myself....I am going with the Ford offer....I also love the new mount hardware.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I will end up getting the 12,000 apex version and remote mount that control/top under the hood. For the cost and features (and 25% coupon) with the synthetic line and nicer hook that is the direction I want to go.

I just hope there is some kind of aftermarket winch plate like the front runner or 589 that either hides it or goes between the bumper/frame like an upside down L to have the top of the L come out and over the bumper for a top mount winch...pushing out the bumper 2in maybe (for hidden). My issue with hidden is the engagement arm is a PITA to get to.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great winch. I have had a couple of that same design. Only issue to be aware of is cable piling. You must keep an eye that the cable doesnt pile to one side. It will break the bars off the housing. Thats why they added that springy leveler thing but it doesnt really do much when the line is tensioned heavily. Its good to have someone watch it. You could also swap to a synthetic line for about $120 to solve the issue. Otherwise enjoy your massive savings.

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ummm, looks like you dropped a 5.56 and a 9mm. Subtle message not to mess with your winch?
You want to steal my what-I don't think so (Lock and Load?)

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The price and scarcity of ammo these days i can assume that table doubles as a reloading station as well

Last edited:

Saskwah

Big Bend
First Name
wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs